mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "GM sweep pad f16 pd bright"

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 03:42 AM
midi26
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-25-2009

I used to use this patch on my ES8 and was hoping my S90xs would have it.  It does not.  So I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to write down all the parameter settings and email or copy it to this post?  I have a sweep pad on the s90xs but it is far from the same and I have not been able to tweak it to my liking.  I am hoping to reproduce it or get very close to it by seeing all the attack, decay, sustain, release and so on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 09:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I might be able to help expedite this, if someone will copy GM bank F16 Sweep Pad to a User bank location, and then post an “All"(W7A) or “All Voice"(W7V) file (zipped). I could then load that into my Motif XS and post an X0V file, which the S90XS can load.

By the way, although the GM bank is unfortunately not included, ES Preset banks 1~6 and Drums are available in XS format:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 10:04 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

User 1 A1.

File Attachments
GM Sweep Pad ES.X0V.zip  (File Size: 13KB - Downloads: 434)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 10:34 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 11 August 2015 10:04 AM

User 1 A1.

Thanks Stone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 11:27 AM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

Welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2015 @ 10:30 AM
midi26
Joined  08-25-2009

awesome idea I didnt even think of that

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2015 @ 04:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
midi26 - 12 August 2015 10:30 AM

awesome idea I didnt even think of that

So, does what stoneb3 kindly provided fit your needs? I’m asking because conversion accuracy varies.

By the way, I should have stated that ES file type “All” is W7A plus W8A, “All Voice” is W7V plus W8V.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2015 @ 06:19 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 12 August 2015 04:43 PM

conversion accuracy varies.

A side by side comparison of the ES and XS reveals to my ears very little difference with this particular voice. The hair splitting would be microscopic.

I’ve never thought the ES voices uploaded to the newer models suffered from the move and in most cases the differences were subtle. There are exceptions, primarily the substitution of waveforms in the newer models. For instance the CP80 wave was not included in the XS variants. This is likely a rare example of not including past waves in newer models although I’ve never compared them to know for sure. Not surprisingly, the starkest difference I noticed was in the acoustic pianos. Again different waveforms and effects render a different sound. All of which is fairly easy to edit for your personal tastes, if desired.

On a whole I’d say importation of ES voices into more current units does not suffer so much as to declare them horrid by any stretch. In some cases I believe they sound better. And it’s free to load them and try.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2015 @ 10:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 28 August 2015 06:19 PM
5pinDIN - 12 August 2015 04:43 PM

conversion accuracy varies.

A side by side comparison of the ES and XS reveals to my ears very little difference with this particular voice. The hair splitting would be microscopic.

I’ve never thought the ES voices uploaded to the newer models suffered from the move and in most cases the differences were subtle. There are exceptions, primarily the substitution of waveforms in the newer models. For instance the CP80 wave was not included in the XS variants. This is likely a rare example of not including past waves in newer models although I’ve never compared them to know for sure. Not surprisingly, the starkest difference I noticed was in the acoustic pianos. Again different waveforms and effects render a different sound. All of which is fairly easy to edit for your personal tastes, if desired.

On a whole I’d say importation of ES voices into more current units does not suffer so much as to declare them horrid by any stretch. In some cases I believe they sound better. And it’s free to load them and try.

Stone

Thanks for the follow-up. Although I don’t have an ES myself, it was my understanding that the ES Voices from the download were typically “close enough”. That’s why I’m wondering what the issue is in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475827/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 05:34 PM
midi26
Joined  08-25-2009

So I have had this file siting on my laptop and barely installed it today.  It works great.  Sorry I havent been on had a rough patch in life there for a while and working like crazy. 

I was wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with the s90es piano that many people love, because the s90xs s6 piano is eh.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ RAM sample memory not working??
Next Topic:

Need help with looping ››