mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audition Waveform From Preset Voice?"

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 09:05 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

I know how to “audition” (i.e. listen to) raw waveforms stored on an XF flash board. Is there a way to do the same thing with the waveforms that are used in preset voices?

I know how to “solo” an element of a voice, but I don’t know if I’m getting the raw waveform that way, or if various effects are being applied to it.

Thanks…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 12:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The Waveforms for Preset Voices are, of course, in the ROM. They aren’t as directly accessible as those installed to a flash module, but there’s a way to hear them without effects, etc.

An Initialized Voice is a starting point, but it does have some envelopes and effects which color the sound somewhat. I edited an Initialized Voice to minimize those things, and named it Raw Voice. It’s located in the attached “All Voice” file at USR1 A01. The remainder of the Voices in the file are initialized, so I’d suggest loading only the specific Voice (to whatever location you prefer), and not the entire file.

Only Element 1 is turned on, and the Voice plays Waveform 0001 by default, but any Waveform could be selected. Some might play loudly, so keeping Master Volume low at first is probably prudent. I set the release to 75, rather than 127, since otherwise some samples could play for an excessive time - a key can be held down to hear more if wanted.

Warning: Loading the entire file will initialize all User Voices. If for any reason you intend to load the whole file, be sure to back up your own data first.

File Attachments
USR1A01 Raw Voice.n3.X3V.zip  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 177)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 07:17 AM
Hover
Total Posts:  260
Joined  10-02-2003
5pinDIN - 02 August 2015 12:06 AM

I edited an Initialized Voice to minimize those things, and named it Raw Voice.

Why didn’t I think of that before. Great tip and thanks for sharing your ‘Raw Voice’ (sounds cool BTW)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 04:37 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011

Thanks, 5pin! Just what I needed.

Now that it says “Guru” for me (presumably because my total posts have topped 500), I think they should come up with a higher title for you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 08:35 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011

I just used 5pinDIN’s Raw Voice and figured out in about a minute that the waveforms in the XF Cello Solo voice (PRE4 A05) have built-in vibrato.

Really cool!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 08:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michael Trigoboff - 02 August 2015 04:37 PM

Thanks, 5pin! Just what I needed.

Now that it says “Guru” for me (presumably because my total posts have topped 500), I think they should come up with a higher title for you…

Thanks for the compliment, but I’m satisfied with that level.  :-)

Michael Trigoboff - 02 August 2015 08:35 PM

I just used 5pinDIN’s Raw Voice and figured out in about a minute that the waveforms in the XF Cello Solo voice (PRE4 A05) have built-in vibrato.

Really cool!

I’m glad you’re finding it useful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 08:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Hover - 02 August 2015 07:17 AM
5pinDIN - 02 August 2015 12:06 AM

I edited an Initialized Voice to minimize those things, and named it Raw Voice.

Why didn’t I think of that before. Great tip and thanks for sharing your ‘Raw Voice’ (sounds cool BTW)

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FW16E Question
Next Topic:

Q re using iPad and xf for live midi file play ››