mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FW16E Question"

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 10:41 AM
kstell
Total Posts:  20
Joined  10-15-2004

Can I remove the firewire card from my XS8 (built in) and install it in the XF series? I know I would need to open up the XS and get a new face plate. From looking at the service manual it looks like it could work.

Comments?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 11:45 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
kstell - 30 July 2015 10:41 AM

Can I remove the firewire card from my XS8 (built in) and install it in the XF series?

An mLAN16E2, with firmware properly updated, can be used in an XF.

See http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/music-production/synthesizers/motif_xf/5022/8110/

kstell -

I know I would need to open up the XS and get a new face plate. From looking at the service manual it looks like it could work.

Comments?

Yes, in order to mount the mLAN board in other than the XS8, it would need a face plate.

However, do you intend to ever use the mLAN16E2 in the XS8 again? Apparently an mLAN16E2 that has the v1.08 firmware won’t function in an XS, and I don’t know if earlier firmware can be reinstalled.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 01:10 PM
kstell
Joined  10-15-2004

I was mulling over the fact that my local church may be interested in my XS8 and they would have no use for the firewire. I was using FW not mLan on the XS8..I haven’t opened the case of the XS8 yet to see what Rev card I have. So in a nutshell, I would have no use to going may to a previous firmware version..I was wondering if anyone has done this procedure in the past. Thanks for the feedback. As soon as I get an definitive answer on the XS8, I may document this for the masses..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 05:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It doesn’t matter which firmware is currently installed on the mLAN16E2, it would have to be updated to version 1.08 in order to work in the XF and use the YSFW driver.

Perhaps this will help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/454590/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 06:53 AM
kstell
Joined  10-15-2004

Update:

Sorry I didn’t get any pictures of this process.I was too engrossed in my work :-)

I successfully removed the mLAN16E2 card from the XS8 and installed it into the XF7. I also updated the FW to 1.08 on both my N12 and the XF7.

The YSFW Control panel shows both units and at the 1.08 revision.

All I need now is a face plate and to set up my Cubase

Thanks to the help…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 40th Anniversary Premium Contents Pack
Next Topic:

Audition Waveform From Preset Voice? ››