mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to assign MIDI Control Changes on MOTIF ES8"

Posted on: July 09, 2015 @ 07:15 PM
dreamchord
Total Posts:  7
Joined  10-15-2009

How can I assign MIDI Control Changes on my MOTIF ES8?

Specifically I need to assign CC#47 to my Mod Wheel. In common edit the destinations aren’t CC#’s but rather Motif-specific destinations such as “FLT-Frq, ChoSend” etc..

Those names don’t have a CC# attached to them, and I couldn’t find a Midi implementation chart for the ES.

I would like to use the ES8 as a midi controller for various other tasks, but this only works if I can reassign CC values to parameters of my choosing! Can this be done?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2015 @ 08:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Some of the controllers can be assigned CC#’s of your choice, but others can’t. The MW is one of those with a fixed CC#.

See pages 155-156 of the ES Owner’s Manual for information concerning controller assignment, including those controllers where you have a choice of CC#.

If you must have a different CC# for the MW or other controller where the CC# is normally fixed, a MIDI Event Processor, such as http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm, could resolve the issue.

[ Ignore ]