mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf And Pro Tools 11"

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 06:56 AM
acmaddox0825
Total Posts:  10
Joined  02-13-2007

Hi guys, this is my 1st time posting. But I’m a complete newbie to computer recording and I need your help. Ive had the moxf for a while now and recently got a Mac, so now I’m ready to record.... Kinda I don’t have a DAW yet. I want to use the moxf as a midi/VST to record directly into pro tools. I was wondering could you use the moxf as a VST into pro tools ( via the editor software) and if so would it also allow the playing of flash installed sounds into pro tools?

I hope that makes sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 07:06 AM
Alexander0825
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-25-2011

Apparently I once had an “AOL” email address lol.... Smh. I’ll be replying to this thread via this screen name from here on out. Thanks again for any help or advice!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 05:25 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Alexander0825,

The more recent domestic Pro Tools versions only use AAX and RTAS plug ins and the MOXF VST editor is only available as a VST3 plug in or as standalone, so the only way of using the MOXF Editor with Pro Tools, is to run the standalone version alongside Pro Tools whilst you work.

The MOXF has a USB Audio/MIDI interface meaning that you certainly can play and record all the built in sounds including anything on your flash board to and from Pro Tools.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:04 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

How can I configure my Pro Tools setup to recognize the MOXF’s USB interface?  Currently, Pro Tools looks for an M-Audio interface (I used to use) when it starts and, upon not finding it, closes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 09:29 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

Have you installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver?

If you haven’t done that already, install it and then when you’re in Pro Tools you can select the MOXF through the Setup menu.

Specifically in Hardware… and Playback Engine…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 01:13 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

Yes, I’ve installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver and it’s working as evidenced when using audio apps like Audacity and Audio/MIDI apps like Cubase.  When I start Pro Tools, I receive an error dialog that states “Unable to locate M-Audio hardware.  Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on.” After I hit select the OK button in the dialog, Pro Tools closes.  How can I get into Pro Tools and change what it’s looking for?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 01:20 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

I would imagine you’ve got to go through a Pro Tools start up with your M Audio connected, just this once.

Then, when it recognises it and lets you get in to Pro Tools, you can change the settings previously mentioned.

If you can’t do that, your only hope is deleting the M audio driver and beyond that, either deleting Pro Tools prefs or reinstalling Pro Tools.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 13, 2015 @ 03:40 PM
tritone
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-14-2013

OOPS… I just noticed you said you were running ProTools 11!  I still believe you might be (accidentally) clicking on an older version of ProTools, since PT11 should be happy to work with any interface.  Or is the problem perhaps that you don’t have any interface installed at the moment?

original reply…

You didn’t say what version of ProTools you are using.  Personally, I started into ProTools with version 7 I believe, that came with an M-Audio Firewire 410 MIDI/audio interface.  In those old days, ProTools would only work if you had a Digidesign or M-Audio interface attached.  If you didn’t… ProTools would quit.

I believe it was starting with ProTools 9 (?) that you could use any interface.  Your symptom might indicate you’re using one of those older ProTools versions, because it quits if you’re not running an “approved” M-Audio Interface.

If you have your old M-Audio intfce, try hooking it back up and see if this works for you.  As philwoodmusic mentions above, you should be able to play and record the MOXF’s MIDI or audio without using the VST3 editor, treating the MOXF as any-old external MIDI/audio synth.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ cool lead sound
Next Topic:

Bad Grand Piano sound!!!(( ››