mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help needed with assigning different voices to MIDI."

Posted on: May 19, 2015 @ 05:06 PM
BioMajor
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-19-2015

Hi everyone,

I have a problem here that I cannot seem to solve with my owners manual or looking online. I have a Yamaha Motif ES8 and what I want to do is load a midi track, either from the computer or use step recording in the keyboard, and have it so that I can use different combinations of sounds as a demo. A friend of mine wants a very specific two track version of a classical piece but with electronic sounds. The idea is that I can have the piece loaded in and be able to assign different patches until he finds a combination he likes. I actually have a Mac pro that should be on the way in tomorrow so I am going to set the keyboard up with that. Any and all suggestions are helpful as step recording didn’t seem to work out well for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2015 @ 06:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

It’s unclear from your post what you are trying to do, and what problem(s) you’re having.

What is the source of the “midi track” you’re trying to load? Is it a Standard MIDI file (SMF), perhaps specifically a General MIDI (GM) file?

What do you want the final product to be? Is it a WAV or MP3, or perhaps something else?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2015 @ 06:42 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi BioMajor,

The Motif ES can load SMF files from a USB Flash drive or a SmartMedia memory card. Do you have one of these, and can you find a MIDI file of the piece you want on the web? If so, the easiest way is to copy the file to your flash drive/memory card and load it as a song on the Motif ES. You can then use the Mix Edit or Song Edit mode to change voices for each track.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DX Simulator with Motif Rack ES
Next Topic:

Drivers...drivers...drivers ››