mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DX Simulator with Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: May 09, 2015 @ 06:31 PM
szurcio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-03-2009

I have a question about editing presets on the Yamaha PLG150-DX card.
Can someone tell me how to select PLG150-DX banks in DX Simulator? I have a Motif Rack ES. I know how to change banks with Bank and Shift buttons on the module itself but the DX Simulator is always stuck on the first bank (035/0000) so I don’t know how I could edit a PLG voice from a different bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2015 @ 03:57 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

For some reason, only the RAM section of the PLG150-DX can be accessed by the DX Simulator. This is the single bank of 64 user board voices (bank 035/000) that you’re seeing. Unless your Motif Rack ES is set to autoload another set of PLG voices, the content of this bank is actually copied from the Preset2 (035/002) bank by default.

Since the AN Expert Editor can read from the PLG150-AN’s preset and user banks, this might look like a terrible oversight on the part of the software programmers. These two cards are different, though, so there might be a hardware limitation forcing this too.

If you could somehow get your hands on the preset board voices in the native .dxc (DX Simulator Cartridge file) format, or as SysEx to bulk into the 035/000 bank, you could edit them that way. I doubt anyone could create such files, though, since the PLG boards cannot dump sysex…

- H -

[ Ignore ]