mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is there a shortcut to increasing increment by data wheel when scrolling during sample editing?"

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 06:28 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Hi. Is there a shortcut button that can speed up the default increment increase/decrease by the data wheel (or arrows) when scrolling during sample editing? For clarity: I’m talking about in the sample edit window, when you scroll (with data wheel, or arrows) the cursor over the sample - for editing purposes. (Trimming, etc…)

For example, on the CP4, when the shift button is pressed in conjunction with moving the data wheel or arrows, the default increment change is increased by 10 units. That’s cool. I looked quickly and don’t see a shift button on the XF.

Thanks in advance,

hope all are having a good day.

ds

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 06:52 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

From page 12 of the Motif XF Owner’s Manual (emphasis added):

Data dial (page 19)

For editing the currently selected parameter. To increase the
value, turn the dial right (clockwise); to decrease the value,
turn the dial left (counter-clockwise). If a parameter with a wide value range is selected, you can change the value in broader strokes by quickly turning the dial.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 06:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 01 April 2015 06:28 PM

Hi. Is there a shortcut button that can speed up the default increment increase/decrease by the data wheel (or arrows) when scrolling during sample editing? For clarity: I’m talking about in the sample edit window, when you scroll (with data wheel, or arrows) the cursor over the sample - for editing purposes. (Trimming, etc…)

There are two ways to speed things up…
1) Spin the Data Dial rapidly, which accelerates the movement.
2) Plug a USB ASCII keyboard into the XF’s TO DEVICE connector. Highlight the field (Start Point, etc.) using either the XF’s cursor keys or those on the ASCII keyboard. Type the desired number, then press ENTER on either the XF or the ASCII keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 04:53 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

I will give that a spin. And, I’ve got to figure out how to get an ASCII keyboard into my cramped workspace. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]