mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "‘File Not Found’ trying to load 40th Anniversary Voices"

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 12:52 PM
parrottm
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-01-2015

As a real CS80 fan, and having first checked that the MOXF6 could read .x3a voice data, I recently purchased the 40th Anniversary boxed set from Yamaha UK in London, which as well as having the 1GB flash board comes with a number of CS80 samples and voices, plus loads more, on a USB stick (which I will refer to as ‘40 USB’).  I updated the firmware in my MOXF6 to the current latest version (1.10), fitted and formatted the flash board, ‘saved ALL’ the existing user voices and performances to a separate USB (which I will call ‘MY USB’), and loaded the samples and waveforms from ’40 USB’ to the flashboard. I can see that the waveforms are there; so far, so good.  I appreciate that I can’t have all of the waveforms that are present on ‘40USB’ on the flashboard at once, and I can clearly see how much free space is on both the flash board and whichever USB stick I am using. The problems start when I try to load the new voices from ‘40 USB’ into my User voice banks. Whichever source bank I choose from the relevant library, wherever I try to save any of them to the MOXF6 (ie in User 1, User 2 or User 3), and whether I select 1Bank Voice, or try to load individual voices, I get the same message “Error : File Not Found”.  I have tried reformatting the flash board, reloading the samples & waveforms (takes forever, but all appears to be fine), and copying everything from ‘40USB’ to ‘MY USB’, but get the same result. When I try to load back my original user banks saved on ‘MY USB’ the original User 1,2,3 banks are there as .x6a files with my file references. Am I really missing anything that obvious? Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 01:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

What happens if, rather than loading individual Voices or Banks, you attempt to load an entire .X3A file from “40USB”? (If you’ve already installed Samples/Waveforms to the flash module, don’t mark the “with Waveform” and ‘with Sample” check boxes.) I realize that the Banks might not be correct - I’d just like to determine if an error message is generated that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 03:06 PM
parrottm
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-01-2015

Thanks for your very prompt response. I appear to be unable to load any whole files from ‘40 USB’ to my MOXF6 User area. I always get the ‘Error - File Not Found’ message. I cannot see a list of voices in the source area (right hand side of screen) either. Waveforms on the flash board are fine; when in Flash mode, via the ‘delete’ button I can view, play, and tweak the raw waveform sounds, and they originally came from the same ‘40USB’. I can also re-format the flash board and load alternative sets of waveforms from ‘40USB’ if I wish, no problem there, it’s just that the voice data of the libraries that cannot be found. I hope that this may provide some clues. Thanks again. Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Which mode is the MOXF in when you try to load the “All” file?

Please download one of the libraries linked to in this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/474181/
...and determine if the .X3A file will load.

The CP1 Piano library should be an XF (.X3A) file.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF8 MIDI export/import
Next Topic:

Using a MOXF6 for gigging ››