mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 8"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: December 11, 2014 @ 12:57 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
jenkinsj - 11 December 2014 08:11 AM

They certainly seem to have acknowledged the problem of the Yamaha VSTi’s with C8 on the MAC but no mention of the same problem existing on Windows.

Let’s hope Yamaha realise this even if Steinberg don’t.

I was surprised to find out that as of 2005,
Yamaha Corp acquired Steinberg/Cubase.
They are all one large company.
If they had only one large website. :)

Below is the Yamaha updates website you are probably aware of already.
Page HERE.
This was taken from the U.S. Yamaha page.
I still don’t know what the difference is between their ‘Other European Countries’ Yamaha updates page… maybe one day I’ll find out:)
I think electrical connectivity should be at the top of the list.
I needed that adaptor to operate the electric razor that trip overseas. :-)
It may be only hardware not software.
Of course you can view any Synth/Workstation as well as filter the results for Operating System, Drivers, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2014 @ 08:42 AM
jenkinsj
Total Posts:  21
Joined  01-24-2009

I’d known about the Yamaha/Steinberg connection for some time. It makes it all the stranger that, whilst claiming integration between the hardware and software (and making quite a big thing of it eg Cubase AI etc),their own hardware is not their first priority.

The reality is they can only be communicating superficially otherwise how could they release C8 without at the same time releasing the “AI” integration software that the hardware needs.

I was, of course, aware of the download page and have been checking it almost daily in the hope (triumph of hope over experience!) that Yamaha would release the updated VSTi editors.

BTW the “Other EU Countries” first takes you to a localised website but when you go to support and downloads it takes you right back where you started to the page you referenced. Still chasing URLs makes a break from making music I suppose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2014 @ 09:05 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Joined  09-20-2011
jenkinsj - 12 December 2014 08:42 AM

BTW the “Other EU Countries” first takes you to a localised website but when you go to support and downloads it takes you right back where you started to the page you referenced. Still chasing URLs makes a break from making music I suppose.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried a direct customer support request using
your MY STEINBERG account?
...some advice, if you do the request, be certain to update
to the most current
eLicenser first
and have running system platform info ready.

Hope this Helps…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 01:57 PM
peterovesterlund@gmail.com
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-26-2014

Now is the updated VST editor out for MAC. But not for PC yet!?

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=se.yamaha.com&language=sv&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16381&product_id=1816956&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=60557

EDIT: They changed the text so now its NOT COMPATIBLE with Cubase8!?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 03:30 PM
Vindbaek
Total Posts:  176
Joined  02-21-2009

You have to wait .... Please Reading this:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mac-os-x-compatibility-information-on-yamaha-software-products-with-cubase-8.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
peterovesterlund@gmail.com
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-26-2014

Yes, but the funny thing was that it first said “compatible with Cubase8” on the new updated VST editor released 26/12, and then when I had posted the link they changed it to “Not compatible with Cubase8” with red letters! :)

But the latest version of the VST organ YC-3B is now compatible with cubase 8.
http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=se.yamaha.com&language=sv&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16381&product_id=1816956&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=46532

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 04:24 PM
Vindbaek
Joined  02-21-2009

The same is the case if you look under the flagship motif xf.... Same Update but not fixed the cubase 8 problem.... I Think it Will be fixed as they promised.......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2014 @ 04:19 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Joined  09-20-2011

I think Apple is a large part of ‘their’ own problems as well as Yamaha’s and Steinberg’s.
I am an Apple fan and a huge one at that… don’t get me wrong when I say Apple is very competitive and most secretive with their security features.
Mention of Logic X is not needed but I wish Apple would play a little more fair with the neighborhood :) whether they are a fellow competitor or not.
Our macs here are very clean meaning only an HP Printer to share the area with Yamaha/Steinberg as the only third parties on three macs.
All things considered, I don’t consider Steinberg’s release of Cubase 8 bad timing or with it’s confusion of compatibility with Apple’s Yosemite. Even Hewlett Packard has made sounds to us claiming secretive nature of Apple with regard to Airport’s wireless security to coincide with their (HP’s) wireless printers.
This should all straighten out by the end of February’15. :)
We’re only Macs here, sorry for no info at all on the PC side of it.
~Lillie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 05:51 AM
jenkinsj
Joined  01-24-2009

Steinberg said that the MOX/MOTIF XS/MOTIF XF VSTi issue that we’ve all identified with Cubase 8 would be addressed before the end of January.

As we approach the end of January, I asked on the Steinberg Forum when we might expect the problem resolved.

EDIT: Steinberg say they need more time to solve the problem so we won’t see anything this month after all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2015 @ 04:31 AM
Verda Lumo
Total Posts:  54
Joined  05-24-2011

Problem with MIDI sync resolved in update Cubase Pro 8.0.10. The update is available on the website Steinberg.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2015 @ 08:00 AM
jenkinsj
Joined  01-24-2009

I can confirm it it’s all working well now. ASIO spiking has been much improved in C8 on my set-up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 08:59 AM
Vindbaek
Joined  02-21-2009

Yes it works fine now with the xs editor.
You have to open cubase 8 in 32 bit mode - but FINE !

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase, MOX and iPad
Next Topic:

Cubase 8 and Mackie MCU Pro ››