mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Switching from classic 6 to rack with plgAN"

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 03:31 AM
kindkind
Total Posts:  76
Joined  02-09-2004

Im interested in switching to a rack or rack ES.  I know the voice banks were expanded compared to the 6, as well as fx and the arpeggiator.  Will this cause any problems for me in my current patches, or will the rack call up all of my classic settings, fx, arps?

I use bulk autoload files to load my 6 and am hoping the rack can use them, or find some way (voice editor) to transfer my perfs and voices.

I also use 2 plgAN boards, also with autoload user data that i assume is good to go because it goes right to the board.

From what i have seen on the forum, there is direct compatibility between the ES and the ES rack, im hoping its the same for the 6.  What problems would i encounter in switching?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2015 @ 06:58 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

This is a stretch for my memory, but I think I’m correct in saying that the soundset on the ES is NOT the same as the classic. Whilst some of the sounds may be mapped to similar positions, they will be different sounds. The piano was updated between the classic and the ES.
I am not sure if the voice data format is the same either so your bulk dump may not work.

If you trawl back to threads in the ES for when it was released you will come across advice from those who struggled with those issues then.

All that said, the ES is a sonic beast. Best solution - keep both? :-)

Hope this helps some.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2015 @ 09:35 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The ES can load voice data from the Classic, either Editor files or the raw files dumped from the synth itself. Sequences and performances can not be loaded.

As Wellie noted there were changes in the ES samples, effects and arps so some Classic voices will sound different although it’s not like a trumpet voice will suddenly turn into a flute voice!

The PLG autoload files will work just fine because their data goes to the PLG cards only.

PS/OT: Good to see you’re still around Wellie!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Distorted output
Next Topic:

Motif 6 Midi Question ››