mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wind sound in Free Ride?"

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 12:07 PM
bmong12
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-17-2007

Trying to replicate the descending/ascending LFO and Wind Sound in the middle of Edgar Winter’s Free Ride. I know it was originally on an ARP 2600 - any ideas how to get on my S70 XS?
I tried using Wind Blows (PRE7:030) on my S70/XS but just can’t figure how to tame it to match what is going on in that synth interlude on the song. Appreciate any hints on this - thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2015 @ 07:21 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I’ve been watching your post hoping for an answer.  My attempt was similar to what you tried.  There is an AIR library out there and I wonder if that would have what you need.  But with all its internal samples, I’d find it hard to believe the XF couldn’t duplicate the sound.

Saw that no me replied and wanted to let you know your post is watched.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2015 @ 10:54 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Filter cutoff movement on white noise waveform, no?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2015 @ 07:28 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
MrMotif - 07 March 2015 10:54 PM

Filter cutoff movement on white noise waveform, no?

Yes, and it would have been convenient if they included a decent one in the XS. The one wave that sounds remotely similar to white noise (1093) has an inordinate amount of unrelated tripe along with it. Thankfully they’ve reserved room for 400 snare drums. If only I were a drummer. BTW Easy Sounds Phat Analog has some nice white and pink noise samples in it, if anyone’s looking. Sadly this does not help bmong12 as he can’t load samples.

I’ve attached an .X0A (all file) with the voice located in User 1 A1. Back up your data and install the one user voice included in the file, if you’d like. Please don’t lose your data.
I created the voice with the “noise” waveform in two elements, editing each to negate the undesired noise associated with the waveform. Lowering the cutoff via the front knob produces the desired effect but naturally lowers the volume of the voice as it approaches lower frequencies. Thus I’ve assigned the cutoff and element volume level to assign 1, so as to provide balance to the voice throughout it’s audio travels. This should help cut through a live mix, particularly if your drummer is playing any of the hundreds of snare drums in a Motif. The voice plays across the keyboard but is tuned to A3.

Stone

File Attachments
Free Ride Noise.X0A.zip  (File Size: 30KB - Downloads: 587)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 12:46 PM
bmong12
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-17-2007

I was remiss in thanking you all for the responses. It all helped! appreciate it

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 06:41 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
bmong12 - 04 June 2015 12:46 PM

I was remiss in thanking you all for the responses. It all helped! appreciate it

You’re welcome. Tough sound on a rompler, the original sounds like biased oscillators on an analog. Just guessing though.

[ Ignore ]