mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90XS not transmitting program changes in master mode"

Posted on: March 01, 2015 @ 08:17 PM
sgib199
Total Posts:  16
Joined  12-16-2002

Hello,

I cannot get the S90XS to transmit program changes over MIDI in master mode.  ZONE SWITCH is turned on for the patches in question. 

Have tried it with BANK SELECT SW both OFF and ON (I don’t need it to be on).

Program changes are transmitting correctly from both VOICE and PERFORMANCE modes.  Note on/off data transmits just fine.

MIDISendSW is set to ON.

I am monitoring this using Snoize MIDI monitor on a Mac.  Interestingly, when selecting these master mode programs, the volume and pan PRESET values are being transmitted. 

Firmware should be current...updated it a last month.

I have read “Understanding Master Mode” and have dug through every screen on this machine trying to find what I may be missing here. 

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 02:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sgib199 - 01 March 2015 08:17 PM

I cannot get the S90XS to transmit program changes over MIDI in master mode.  ZONE SWITCH is turned on for the patches in question.[...]

Any ideas?

Are Ext Sw and Ext PC “on” for the appropriate zones?

See page 118 of the S90XS Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 07:11 PM
sgib199
Joined  12-16-2002
5pinDIN - 03 March 2015 02:57 PM

I cannot get the S90XS to transmit program changes over MIDI in master mode.  ZONE SWITCH is turned on for the patches in question.[...]

Any ideas?

I haven’t seen the EXT PC parameter.  Is it on page two of the screen?  Keyboard not with me right now.

Thanks for your reply.  Problem is most likely solved.  :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 08:14 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
sgib199 - 03 March 2015 07:11 PM
5pinDIN - 03 March 2015 02:57 PM

Any ideas?

I haven’t seen the EXT PC parameter.  Is it on page two of the screen?  Keyboard not with me right now.

Thanks for your reply.  Problem is most likely solved.  :)

I have a Motif XS and an XF, and their displays are different than the S90XS, so I can’t say what display page that parameter is on.

I noticed that you only mentioned the MIDI monitor showing Volume and Pan values. In addition to Program Change, Bank MSB and LSB should also be shown if Ext Sw and Ext PC are “on”. I can tell you for certain that if they’re not “on”, only Volume and Pan will be sent.

Be sure to STORE the Master as soon as you set those Parameters on. Otherwise, when you switch to another Master, the settings will revert.

By the way, MIDI Send Sw doesn’t have to be “on” for Program Change to be sent when switching Masters. What it does is send the Parameter changes you make on the display as you set them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 10:15 PM
sgib199
Joined  12-16-2002

5Pin,

EXT PC is on the next screen, just needed to arrow down and turn it on.  There is a separate parameter on that screen for EXT BANK SEL, which is I am leaving off since I don’t need it.

I had MIDI Send SW on just to be safe.  Wasn’t sure what it did. 

Thanks for sending me to the reference guide.  I had the owner’ manual but not the reference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 11:48 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

Yamaha used to include reference material in the Owner’s Manuals, but I suppose that either the manuals got to be too big or they thought it would just scare users. Unfortunately, now people often think that the Owner’s Manual is all there is, and wonder why details seem to be missing.

Anyway, glad you got the problem resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Neo Ventilatorll with an S90ES
Next Topic:

Voice with parameter in S90ES? ››