mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS, how to disable cutoff knob in perform mode??"

Posted on: March 02, 2015 @ 05:09 AM
Marko611
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-02-2015

Hello!

Please if anyone can help,

I am trying to disable cutoff knob in performance mode but I have no results . For example, 4 zone split, i want to use cutoff on one zone but not on other three. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2015 @ 05:25 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Marko611 - 02 March 2015 05:09 AM

Hello!

I am trying to disable cutoff knob in performance mode but I have no results . For example, 4 zone split, i want to use cutoff on one zone but not on other three. Is it possible?

A “4 zone split” in PERFORMANCE Mode doesn’t describe anything real.

In PERFORMANCE Mode, there are (up to) four PARTS.  I’m guessing that you would like to use an assignable knob to address a parameter on (1) PART, but not the other (3).  Is that correct?

If so, yes, you can do that.  Which parameter do you wish to control?

If I am not guessing correctly, please elaborate a bit on what you are hoping to accomplish.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2015 @ 05:49 AM
Marko611
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-02-2015
cmayhle - 02 March 2015 05:25 AM
Marko611 - 02 March 2015 05:09 AM

Hello!

A “4 zone split” in PERFORMANCE Mode doesn’t describe anything real.

In PERFORMANCE Mode, there are (up to) four PARTS.  I’m guessing that you would like to use an assignable knob to address a parameter on (1) PART, but not the other (3).  Is that correct?

If so, yes, you can do that.  Which parameter do you wish to control?

If I am not guessing correctly, please elaborate a bit on what you are hoping to accomplish.

Thnks for answer!

I guess you mean ASSIGN 1 or ASSIGN 2 button, but no. I want to disable cutoff knob (on 1 PART) so that he does changes to one sound but not to other three. Sorry i don’t know the terminology
but I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2015 @ 12:23 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

The PERFORMANCE Control button, when pushed, allows you to select a PART with buttons 1-4.  When you select a PART in that fashion, the 24 PART parameter knobs become active for just the selected PART.

You will find This Article useful, as well as This Video Clip.

In the article, see Real Time PERFORMANCE CONTROL on page 4.

At about 8:40 of the video clip, the use of the PERFORMANCE Control button in this manner is described.

The video clip is taken from the excellent Motif XS Master Class DVD.  Highly recommended, it is available in the Shop in the Full Motivation Special, which also includes the introductory DVD World of Motif XS, also strongly recommended.

(the Article and Video links above can also be accessed from This Descriptive Page).

[ Ignore ]