mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Splitting the MOXF8 keyboard 4 into 4 separate parts"

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 06:41 PM
njcastles
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-23-2015

I’m thinking of replacing my Motif ES with an MOXF8. Does anyone know if it’s possible to create a performance with bass on the left side of the keyboard, then say piano in the middle and horns on the right side of the keyboard. Looks like it would be possible but the Owner’s manual only talks about two parts and playing around with it at the store didn’t shed any light either.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 07:10 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi

Onwards from page 57 in Owner’s Manual you can read about Master Mode in which you can split in 4 zones.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 07:21 PM
njcastles
Joined  02-23-2015

Thank You! I see it says you can do it and then refers to the reference manual. I’ll take a look and try it at the store. Thanks again for taking the time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 07:30 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

no worries.

I’ve never used this myself, I just happened to know that it can be done. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 07:47 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
njcastles - 23 February 2015 06:41 PM

I’m thinking of replacing my Motif ES with an MOXF8. Does anyone know if it’s possible to create a performance with bass on the left side of the keyboard, then say piano in the middle and horns on the right side of the keyboard. Looks like it would be possible but the Owner’s manual only talks about two parts and playing around with it at the store didn’t shed any light either.

Your reference to the “Manual” only talking about “two parts” for a PERFORMANCE makes me believe you are talking about the MOXF Owner’s Manual”...and the discussion of Performance Creator, which is intended for quick two-PART Split or Layered PERFORMANCES

Go to the MOXF Reference Manual, and take a look at Performance Mode beginning on page 55.

PERFORMANCES can have up to (4) PARTS.  Each of these PARTS can be set to only play on a certain area of the keyboard via Note Limits.  See page 65 of the Reference Manual.

So yes, via Note Limits (per PART) you can set up a PERFORMANCE exactly as you describe.

If you have a Drum PART in your PERFORMANCE, you would most likely keep it “Arp Play Only”, and keep the Note Limits on the full keyboard.  This assures that the Drum PART would trigger as soon as you hit any note.

You could then split the keyboard into (3) Note Limits areas (Note ranges) for the other (3) PARTS.

Check it out, and let us know if you have specific questions.

BTW, you have posted a MOXF question on the MOX Forum page.  For the future, keep in mind that there is a dedicated MOXF Forum page.

EDIT:  Sorry, I see you did identify your source as the Owner’s Manual!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 05:12 PM
njcastles
Joined  02-23-2015

Thank you very much! Looks like it all warrants another trip to the store and see if I can do it. Would be great to carry around half the weight of my Motif! Also would be nice to fix the A/D input on my Motif ES too, regretfully not so many people as kind as yourselves responding to that post for replacement parts....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 05:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
njcastles - 24 February 2015 05:12 PM

[...]Also would be nice to fix the A/D input on my Motif ES too, regretfully not so many people as kind as yourselves responding to that post for replacement parts....

I presume you’re referring to:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/474630/

Sorry, but your request concerning parts is difficult to fulfill. I’ll explain why at the ES forum.

[ Ignore ]