mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can anyone help with this sound?"

Posted on: February 06, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
KurtzyES6
Total Posts:  48
Joined  02-16-2009

Trying to program this sound from Loverboy’s “turn me loose”. The main synth in the intro with the heavy portamento/glide. Can anyone give me advise on how to get this tone? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4oMg_Yk9c

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2012 @ 02:31 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I used a Jupiter 8 sound from 80’s pop rock here in the shop. Listed as Working for the Weekend in the pdf. Made a split in performance with piano on the right, synth on the left. Edited each for their appropriate pitch. On the synth side I set the pitch bend to -24 upper and -24 lower. This way you can bend either way to suit your fancy. I strike the opening chord with the pitch bend down all the way and count off to the glissando, at which time I evenly advance the wheel to center, resolving on key. As the pitch increases you’ll notice a stepping sound through the filters. Same as the Jupiter I have here.  Portamento doesn’t sit as well with this sound as it’s to smooth. Oh yeah, I had to create a user voice with the synth sound to tune it to the range I needed for the performance/split. That’s it in a nutshell.
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2014 @ 03:05 PM
trentonresident
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-08-2013

Old thread, but better to sequence the opening chord in ascending sextuplets to do the two octave cs-50 impersonation. Pitch bend doesn’t quite get it. I sequenced this on my sy99 back in the day, now i fire a clip of that sequence.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 09:23 PM
phly23
Total Posts:  35
Joined  09-22-2008
KurtzyES6 - 06 February 2012 04:42 PM

Trying to program this sound from Loverboy’s “turn me loose”. The main synth in the intro with the heavy portamento/glide. Can anyone give me advise on how to get this tone? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4oMg_Yk9c

I’ve Played with lead singer Mike Reno Many times.

I recommend after creating the sopund as close as possible
That you set your mod wheel to -12 and +12…

At the intro of the song bend down an octave and then start with the chord (sus 2) like on the record....on the 8th measure release the mod wheel slowly so that it lands on the actual octave you are playing on the 9th beat....its a lot easier than tring to accomplish a chromatic run all the way up or if you cant do pol;y portemento...Can the XF do that? lol
good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Duran Duran - Rio
Next Topic:

sounds ››