mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Category search button"

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 08:43 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Xs question

Hi everyone.  This Question is about a particular function that I use with my XF, but doesn’t seem to do the same inthe XS.  Just checking to make sure there’s not a problem

When in Voice mode, I select F4 (arpeggio) , and scroll down to TYPE on that screen.  In my XF I could push the CATEGORY button and see the entire list of arpeggios on screen.  In my XS today, when I push the CATEGORY button on that same screen, I get a Voice list.

I then tried in Pattern mode, where I pressed Mixing-Edit-track 1.

Onthe Arp Main screen I again scrolled down to TYPE, and when I pressed CATEGORY button, nothing happens.  On The XF, I get the entire listing like above. 

Is this difference between the two models correct?

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 09:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Version 1.50 of the XF OS added Category Search for Arps and Waveforms. No such feature update was issued for the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:13 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you so much.  Thought I was either missing something or lost my mind (which is still out with the jury)

Yer a good guy 5pin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 11:25 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 17 December 2014 10:13 PM

Thank you so much.  Thought I was either missing something or lost my mind (which is still out with the jury)

Yer a good guy 5pin

You’re very welcome, Richie.

As you probably know, I also have both an XS and an XF. Since I use the XF more than the XS, I’ve gotten used to its features. It’s a bit frustrating when you try to do something on the XS, and then realize that it’s not implemented on that model.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 12:29 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

That’s exactly my situation.  I like the fact that the XS boots up a tad quicker than the XF....I have an XS6 which is a bit easier to gig out with...keep the XF7 at home. 

Plus, Melas tools like the waveform editor permits crossover with files between the two. 

Have a great Christmas and holiday season

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 18 December 2014 12:29 AM

That’s exactly my situation.  I like the fact that the XS boots up a tad quicker than the XF....I have an XS6 which is a bit easier to gig out with...keep the XF7 at home. 

Plus, Melas tools like the waveform editor permits crossover with files between the two.

I like that if I have samples larger than 128 MB in a format compatible with the XS, that I don’t want to keep long term, it’s a lot quicker/easier to load them to the XS SDRAM (1 GB installed).

richie1027 -

Have a great Christmas and holiday season

You too.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Key sticking
Next Topic:

Voices for XS Rack. ››