mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Volume II 80s sounds…. troubles…."

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 08:59 PM
Spencermtk
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-16-2014

I just downloaded the 80s Volume II, unzipped the file, and then copied both the 80sPOPr2.X6A and the 80sPR2.X4A files to my USB stick.
I have purchased and successfully installed 80s Volume I and all of the free libraries without issues.
This time, it is giving me Voices from the MOXF that is already there.  I loaded it as 1BankVoice and am getting Everlasting Glory as A1. Not HeadOverHeels.

I am sure I am overlooking something simple, I have USER 1 and USER 3 customized to where I don’t want to overwrite them.  I want to load to USER 2 only or do individual voices....my problem is I cant find the 80s Vol 2 voices listed under the 80sPOPr2.X6A or 80sPR2.X4A.

I have downloaded both my available downloads thinking it was a glitch but the PDF file is showing the correct voices but not on the two X6A and X4A files.

Any ideas or correct steps to load this correctly?
Or is it a possible wrong download?

Thanks for your support and patience!
MIKE

Update....I have the MOXF8 and MOXF6, I tried loading the USB drive on my MOXF6 that has an empty 512 Flash board and when I load Voice and open USER 1 from the file 80sPOP.X6A it starts with Everlasting Glory. So I am concluding that I got a wrong download file instead of the 80s Volume 2.  I left a voicemail with the 800 to try and resolve tomorrow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 09:44 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

The Shop description indicates the Bank of new VOICES in this library LOADS to USER BANK 3.  That means you must choose USER BANK 3 as the Source VOICE BANK in the ALL File, and direct it to USER BANK 2 in your machine.

Is that what you have done?

Are you entering File Mode from VOICE Mode?  That could affect whether you see the VOICES listed.

Per your EDIT:  Is Everlasting Glory the VOICE found by Factory default in the USER BANK 1 number (1) position?  If so, that USER BANK would appear to be LOADING as expected.

To reiterate:

The Shop description indicates the Bank of new VOICES in this library LOADS to USER BANK 3.  That means you must choose USER BANK 3 as the Source VOICE BANK in the ALL File, and direct it to USER BANK 2 in your machine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 09:57 PM
Spencermtk
Joined  01-16-2014
cmayhle - 17 December 2014 09:44 PM

The Shop description indicates the Bank of new VOICES in this library LOADS to USER BANK 3.  That means you must choose BANK 3 as the Source VOICE BANK in the ALL File, and direct it to BANK 2 in your machine.

Is that what you have done?

Are you entering File Mode from VOICE Mode?  That could affect whether you see the VOICES listed.

I am entering File mode from Voice Mode.

I selected 1BankVoice and then selected the new 80s X6A file and selected the Source User 3 Bank to User 2 bank.

When I select ALL then it does not allow me to choose a User Bank destination and it loads all three User banks and they are not the voices from 80s Vol 2.

I have also selected Voice only then went into the X6A file and that allows me to look at the voice names and they are from the Preset MOXF voices.
I have tried ALL and had to reload my previous settings that I saved. I have CP1,InspirationFlsh, and 80s Vol 1 all on this flash drive and can pull up their voice names but not for this newly downloaded library.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:01 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

Are you saying that you ARE able to see the VOICES in the ALL file in USER BANK 3 prior to LOADING(when you select Type=Voice), and they are NOT the new VOICES?

(Yes, you must select 1BankVoice as the Type to LOAD 1 Bank...not ALL)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
Spencermtk
Joined  01-16-2014
cmayhle - 17 December 2014 10:01 PM

Are you saying that you ARE able to see the VOICES in the ALL file in USER BANK 3 prior to LOADING(when you select Type=Voice), and they are NOT the new VOICES?

(Yes, you must select 1BankVoice as the Type to LOAD 1 Bank...not ALL)

Yes sir that is correct.  As I scroll thru the 80sPOP.X6A in ‘single” VOICE load, it looks as if I have accidentally overwritten the file with my previous User 1-3 Bank voices.

Sorry for the ignorance, very frustrating when I figure its my own fault here....LOL I am going to start completely over with the USB stick.

thanks for your quick replies.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not sure, but the MOX (.X4A) version might have what you’re looking for. See both pages of this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471253/

If you download and install my free moX-TEXT Windows application, you can easily see what’s in the .X4A file:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:23 PM
Spencermtk
Joined  01-16-2014

Now I am following you!!  User Bank 3 on the new download file is actually 80s volume 1 that I already have....I understand now that User 1 and 2 are just the default banks if I load ALL completely.
So I am back to believing I received the wrong download.

Thanks again for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:28 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Spencermtk - 17 December 2014 10:23 PM

Now I am following you!!  User Bank 3 on the new download file is actually 80s volume 1 that I already have....I understand now that User 1 and 2 are just the default banks if I load ALL completely.
So I am back to believing I received the wrong download.

Thanks again for your help

Unless you (accidentally) are accessing your 80’s I ALL File instead of your 80’s II All File...double check that.

Otherwise, is is possible that the ALL File download you were provided was inadvertently supplied as 80’s I instead of 80’s II!

(In which case I am sure the Shop will get you straightened out)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:37 PM
Spencermtk
Joined  01-16-2014

You guys are awesome!! I put the X4A file back on my USB stick and loaded 1VoiceBank and selected USER 3 as Source and selected User 2 as destination and IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!! 

I have always searched thru this forum to get ideas and help in general but this is the first time I have actually posted needing help on something this simple. Thank you both for your quick response and your patience answering questions daily for all of us.
I am a die hard Yamaha keyboardist and this is one of the reasons why!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:39 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

Glad you got it sorted!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 11:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The PDF for Volume II that’s attached to a post in the first link I gave above shows that there are also Performances A01~A08 in User 2. You might want to check for them. They could be loaded individually to any available Performance locations, but you’d have to edit them to redirect any Parts that pointed to Voices located in Bank 3 to where they’re now located in Bank 2.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 11:38 PM
Spencermtk
Joined  01-16-2014

Yes thanks for the info, I found the Performances and loaded only the ones I needed and did have to change the locations from User 3 to User 2 where I put them.

Now I am loading the MOXF6 as well, so happy to have the MOXF6 as my top board and the MOXF8 as the bottom.

In my opinion, Yamaha has the most realistic preset voices, amazing guru’s that create exact replicas that can be added as libraries and then this site with the expertise and kindness to help someone like me tap into some of the depth of these amazing instruments.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

[ Ignore ]