mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pops, Clicks and Hiccups"

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 02:45 AM
ededitedit
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-07-2014

Hi-
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of some tutorials around the Yamaha USB driver, specifically buffering and latency. It seems like no matter what size my buffer is set at, I tend to hear random pops, clicks, and hiccups (digital skipping) of what I’m trying to record into any software on my PC (Cubase, Audition, etc). Sometimes, regardless of setting, it records flawlessly, and other times (even when bringing in the same recording again), it doesn’t work. Sometimes, it’s the recording to PC, sometimes it’s on playback to the MOXF. All somewhat random. Any suggestions? I have about a 4 year old laptop, specs here: http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-qosmio-x505-q898-18-4-core-i7-740qm-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-6-gb-ram-64-gb-ssd-plus-500-gb-hdd/specs/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 10:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The fact that the problem comes and goes suggests that it’s likely due to background tasks your computer is running at some times and not at others.

A Google search on “pops clicks background tasks” (without the quotation marks) turns up several hits. This one is fairly comprehensive, but do the search yourself and look at other links that come up.

As long as you choose a reasonable buffer setting (don’t go for extremely low latency), then you can look at other things. I’d suggest that you initially concentrate on preventing things that aren’t vital from running in the background.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 01:49 AM
ededitedit
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-07-2014

Much appreciated. The dpclat.exe worked perfectly to help me diagnose which program was causing the spike. (Damn HP printer)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Seamless Voice Switching in Pattern Mode
Next Topic:

Sample Library info ››