mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please Help :((( Major problem/ user error?  hopefully.."

Posted on: November 15, 2014 @ 03:11 AM
misaelgurrola
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-30-2014

Hi guys… i recently purchased a motif 7 for my church after using one of our friends ES8 For a couple of months, to upgrade from the church’s broken pc88. The used motif 7 looked to be in great shape :( but all of the sudden, lately it freezes sometimes when played faster, and sometimes when we turn it on it said please reboot me without touching KBD. .. I air dusted it and took off the ram cover and did that and it seemed to help with the reboot me part. but still occassionaly freezes. I know its an old board to still use but its what we can afford right now and we love it. Any advice is appreciated

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2014 @ 12:47 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Welcome to Motifator.com! Hmm, intermittent problems that like are always difficult to diagnose but best guess would seem to be bad power of some kind. As you know, this is a most likely 10 year plus old instrument so parts may be hard to find. Best advice would be to look for a Yamaha service center. If they can’t help, any musical equipment service center should be able to test the power supply and maybe find the culprit. If you have done any programming on your instrument make sure you do a Save All backup on a SmartMedia card before sending it in for repair.

Best of luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif 8 Padded soft case for sale - $20
Next Topic:

Quality of analog input ››