mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can CUBASE AI create MOXF arpeggios?"

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 11:42 AM
mardarwil
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-11-2014

I recently watched a video (http://youtu.be/8NkAagg03Y4) on how to make arpeggios in FL Studio.  The arpeggiator was simple and straight forward to understand and use.

I have been struggling with editing the arpeggios in the MOXF to my preference without success and was wondering, if I created an arpeggio in FL Studio is there anyway they could be used to trigger the arpeggiator on the MOXF?

Better yet, does Cubase AI have a simple arpeggiator that could be used to control the Arpeggiator in the MOXF to help edit onboard arpeggio patterns? 

I read “Recording Performance mode arpeggios directly to the MOXF sequencer is the way to go. It is designed to record its own arpeggios. Then you can simply transfer the data as a sequence to Cubase.”

Some of the TwiddlyBits arppegios have been updated to MOXF format and trigger MOXF voices/effects was that done via Cubase?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 01:47 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi there, short answer is ‘Motif’ arpeggios have to be created on the instrument itself. All Twiddly.Bits that were used to create user arpeggios were loaded into the Motif sequencer first and then converted internally into arpeggios. The process is not horribly complex but it is not exactly walking and chewing gum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 03:10 PM
mardarwil
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-11-2014

Thanks MrMotif for your fast response.

Being a newbee, I kind of knew it wouldn’t be easy.  Especially if this is your first Motif.  I’m still trying to learn from Bad Mister’s Discovering the MOX DVD.  Patterns & Sequences no problem but that arpeggiator has really got me stumped.

However, why can’t the editor in Cubase control the functionality of the MOXF arpeggiator?  It allows you to edit parameters of a voice and then plays it back through the MOXF.

Perhaps a software update on the next version of Cubase AI could implement a program to allow this functionality.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2014 @ 03:49 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
mardarwil - 31 October 2014 03:10 PM

Perhaps a software update on the next version of Cubase AI could implement a program to allow this functionality.

I agree that the user arpeggio management functionality can be significantly enhanced, e.g. Provide the ability to create _XS and _XF type arpeggios, provide ability to mix and match arpeggios by auditionig and comparing...the list of user-friendly improvements is long.

I don-t agree that Cubase is the best packaging; I suggest that the Yamaha VST Editor is the best package to add an “Arpeggio Manager” (as well as a Performance Manager).

I’ll add a Yamaha VST Editor Arpeggio and Performance Management enhancement request on the Yamaha Synth site in a couple weeks

If folks have specific feature requests they would like communicated to Yamaha product development, post them on this thread; I’ll include them in my list.

Cheers

P.S. I suspect Yamaha’s response will be lukewarm at best; these are obvious enhancements, Yamaha has probably been aware of these “customer voice” requests for some time and, given Yamaha doesn’t make money on the Yamaha VST Editor directly - a low priority change request

Perhaps John Melas can tackle integrating Arpeggio Management in his library suite? 

I’ll send him a copy of the Yamaha product development ask just for the hell of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using a keyboard controller with the MOXF8
Next Topic:

How to add foot controller 2 (CC04) ››