mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 transport issue"

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 11:58 AM
ememej
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-16-2012

hi,

i would like to know how to use the MO8 SEQ Transport buttons (the 6 white ones)to control a DAW. Unfortunately i don’t have (or want to use) the few DAWS for which it has templates. I use Sony Acid Pro and Music Studio and recently ive even tried the demo version of Mixcraft which has a really easy to use ‘Learn’ feature to control Mixcraft via any connected controller - its dead simple to use.

When using the learn feature Mixcraft recognises some of the MO buttons and the 4 ASSIGN (A,B,1,2) rotary knobs without fuss. Does anyone know the control number i need to use for the transport buttons even if i could get only the STOP/START buttons working.

I dont want to sync with the clocks just start, stop rewing etc the DAW.

thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 04:25 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

It has been the case that some DAWs can control the Motif and Mo range of keyboards as a Mackie Control surface.

If that is still the case, I would not expect everything to map successfully, in fact I’d expect just the basic transport controls to work and not a lot else.

Try all the different templates and try to set up your DAW with a Mackie Control surface from the list in its remote settings.

It might not work at all, though.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ getting audio into a macbook pro
Next Topic:

Name That Tune! ››