mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Newbie question about additional voicebanks"

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 11:55 AM
Bill N
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-31-2012

I am as much of a newbie as they come, very much in over my head. Please consider this post the first in a long series of very stupid questions.

I have the Motif XF8 and dearly want a ukulele voice for 20s-style jazz. Thus far, I am not able to see that any of the few vendors out there include it in downloads (such as DCP or Axxe). Are there other recommended vendors or sources? Are there places to go on the ‘net to see the actual detail of what’s included in each downloadable product? Is a ukulele really that much of a rare and specialty item for us?

Thanks,

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 12:42 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

I just looked. I found nothing. I’ll let you know if I find something.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 04:44 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

I’m not sure there is a ukulele in any of the libraries here at Motifator.com. We’ve not exhaustively looked through Renaissance & Folk Instruments but a uke could lurk therein!

We saw long-time Motif user Alan Parsons recording Jake Shimabukuro last year at his studio but don’t think Alan snagged some samples while he was at it, sadly. We’ll keep looking and good luck.

Actually, given the uke’s relatively limited range this would not be too, too, much of a complex instrument to sample yourself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 12:12 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

There is a ukulele (and a mandolin,
banjo, nylon guitar, resonator guitar,
even a joos harp) in the Renaissance
/Folk Instruments library from
DCP. You can find it in the Shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: