mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Swingabilly” by Graviton Blue"

Posted on: August 24, 2014 @ 07:31 PM
GravitonBlue
Total Posts:  127
Joined  02-14-2009

I went on Youtube and searched for “rockabilly guitar licks” and found one that I liked, learned how to play it on keyboard and voila!

Hopefully, this one is better than my last attempt at the rockabilly style. :)

I used “Upright Bass Mic’d” (bass), “Funky Telecaster” (rockabilly riff) and “Gretsch Jazz” (lead) from the Axxe library.  All other instruments are “stock” XS sounds.

How does the mix sound?  I remixed this several times.  It sounds fine on my Shure SRH 940 headphones hooked directly to the XS, but the treble sounds weak when played back on my Altec Lansing VS2420 computer speakers.  Especially the drum kit cymbals.

I am using the VCM Compressor effect as a master effect on the whole song.  Maybe I need to tweak it?  More or less compression?  Or maybe do some equalization on the drum kit?

Feedback appreciated.

File Attachments
Swingabilly.mp3  (File Size: 4651KB - Downloads: 575)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
Corkskrew
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-24-2010

PRO JOB!!

The treble sounds fine for what its, kthe cymbals are there enough without being too ‘bitey’.

Believe it or not, I bet a little slapback delay over the whole mix to approximate the acoustics of the church gyms that this sort of thing used to really happen in might be just the stroke.

Post-production, I guess I’m tryina say.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 01:08 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

super ....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 05:08 PM
GravitonBlue
Total Posts:  127
Joined  02-14-2009

Thanks for the positive feedback Corkskrew.  The rockabilly guitar already has some slapback delay applied.  But I’ll try adding a “room” or “hall” reverb to the whole song, to give it that dance hall feel.

Thanks for the kind word Hammad.  I’m still working on a heavy metal song using the Axxe library.  I’ll post it when I’m done.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The Truth-(The Matrix)
Next Topic:

Live midi playback ››