mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "? way to place a wave file directly into a track"

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 04:08 PM
sdz
Total Posts:  43
Joined  08-30-2011

Is there a way to take a wave file created on a DAW and transfer it directly to a Song track?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 04:24 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
sdz - 20 October 2014 04:08 PM

Is there a way to take a wave file created on a DAW and transfer it directly to a Song track?

Yes.

From the first lines of
This Article:

Integrated Sampling Sequencer: Sampling in the Sequencer

The Integrated Sampling Sequencer allows you to record audio into a SONG or PATTERN....

As is outlined, it involves recording the audio you have created via the A/D inputs.

If you have a Flash expansion board, the audio can “permanently” reside there for future use should you desire.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 11:00 PM
sdz
Joined  08-30-2011

To be more precise.  I have a brother who can record a voice part on ProTools and then convert it to a wave file (perhaps of 3 minutes in length).  If he then sends me that wave file via Dropbox, can I transfer it directly to a Song track (without having to return it to audio in a computer and record it by the Motif XF)?  Can the digital file itself be loaded into the Motif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 11:06 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
sdz - 20 October 2014 11:00 PM

To be more precise.  I have a brother who can record a voice part on ProTools and then convert it to a wave file (perhaps of 3 minutes in length).  If he then sends me that wave file via Dropbox, can I transfer it directly to a Song track (without having to return it to audio in a computer and record it by the Motif XF)?  Can the digital file itself be loaded into the Motif?

Yes you can LOAD it directly, but you will be LOADING it as a sample placed in a VOICE, not directly into a SONG track as you inquired about.

You will want to study This Article to learn how to LOAD an audio sample into the XF, where it can then be used as a PART in a SONG.

Keep in mind, there is no “converting” to audio here… a WAV file is already digital… and audio.  That’s true whether you resample it to the sequencer as a SONG track or LOAD it directly to your Flash board as a loop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 01:14 PM
sdz
Joined  08-30-2011

Thanks very much.  I was able to load the wav file as a sample and place it in a song track.  Once again, your help was right on and very appreciated.
Steve Zuehlke

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Resampling
Next Topic:

Setting Up Midi - Logic Pro X ››