mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "NEED HELP !!  a ? on SMPL & USR voices, MOTIF ES"

Posted on: October 08, 2014 @ 07:19 PM
ENOO
Total Posts:  144
Joined  07-05-2008

Please MBF or 5SD,
I recorded a sample thru the A/D, integrated sampler. Went thru the whole process, etc. So in the PATTERN MODE I have a SP on TRK 16, which is all fine.

My ? is if I made it a USER VOICE, does the SMPL VOICE still remain in the system, is it necessary anymore for the sample voice to exist after making it a USER VOICE.
Please shed me some detailed light on the above.

ALSO, in the USER VOICE am i supposed to have created 2 of them from the ONE SAMPLE
(1)with just ONE TRIGGER note (2) the other with a SLICED VERSION with more single sounds/notes ?
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 02:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 08 October 2014 07:19 PM

Please MBF or 5SD,
I recorded a sample thru the A/D, integrated sampler. Went thru the whole process, etc. So in the PATTERN MODE I have a SP on TRK 16, which is all fine.

My ? is if I made it a USER VOICE, does the SMPL VOICE still remain in the system, is it necessary anymore for the sample voice to exist after making it a USER VOICE.
Please shed me some detailed light on the above.

As far as I know, once you create a User Wave, a User Voice can directly access it from the User Wave (usr wav) Bank. Of course, the User Wave is in volatile SDRAM, and an appropriate file has to be saved so it isn’t lost.

This might help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/sampling_in_sequencer_mode_with_the_motif_es
See Creating a USER VOICE on page 10.

ENOO -

ALSO, in the USER VOICE am i supposed to have created 2 of them from the ONE SAMPLE
(1)with just ONE TRIGGER note (2) the other with a SLICED VERSION with more single sounds/notes ?

Sorry, I don’t understand your question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 04:49 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thanx.
What I mean is once i create a user voice from the sample, then (1) Is it necessary to keep the sample in the integrated sampler/motif es OR delete it ? since i have a user voice of the same
&
(2) Is it an advantage ? Would that save me more memory space, etc ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 05:55 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 17 October 2014 04:49 PM

Thanx.
What I mean is once i create a user voice from the sample, then (1) Is it necessary to keep the sample in the integrated sampler/motif es OR delete it ? since i have a user voice of the same
&
(2) Is it an advantage ? Would that save me more memory space, etc ?

The sound of any Voice (Preset or User) begins with a Waveform. Some of those Waveforms are in the ES ROM, and others are User ones that can be temporarily stored in SDRAM. Elements of a Voice use those Waveforms, but they are not included in the Voice itself. If you delete the sample(s) a User Voice is based on, there won’t be any sound from that Voice.

See Tone Generator block beginning on page 157 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 11:08 AM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thanx 5pD,
Awrite understood on the waveforms, elements of a voice, etc.

Now here’s the ?: I have a sample voice (waveform) which is in PATTERN 1. Now I have another 2 patterns, PATTERN’s 2 & 3 in which I want to use the same patch (sample voice) so I copy the USER PHRASE (patch) from PATTERN 1 to PATTERN’s 2 & 3.
What I notice is that it creates another 2 waveforms, same as the first sample waveform (patch).
So if from my sample voice i initialize/create a user voice to begin with then calling the USER VOICE used in PATTERN 1 into PATTERN 2 & 3 WILL NOT create any more waveforms but simply they will point only to the one waveform (patch) correct ? & will that save me memory/loading time, etc ?
by having ONE WAVEFORM in ALL 3 PATTERNS rather then having 3 of them with the same patch?
Please advise,
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 12:13 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 18 October 2014 11:08 AM

Thanx 5pD,
Awrite understood on the waveforms, elements of a voice, etc.

Sorry, but unfortunately, based on your use/misuse of Yamaha terminology, it seems that you have an incomplete understanding of the relationship between Samples, Waveforms, Voices, Elements, Patterns, Parts, etc. Until you know how they relate to each other, this discussion could go round and round.

Therefore, I’m only going to address the basic question. Yes, you can create a User Voice that is based on a User Waveform, and then that Voice can be used in a Part in any Pattern.

I suggest that you back up your data - save at least an “All” file, preferably more - and then try things for yourself. Eventually it should become clearer what will and won’t work. Don’t be afraid to try something - as long as you have backups, if anything goes wrong you can always restore your data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 12:59 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

ok yes i am not expressing myself clearly & that could be a misuse of terminology that I must improve on.

I clearly understand that the VOICE is what has the elements,parameters, etc., & it will not sound until it wears a “SUIT/dressing” which is the waveform.

What i asked u is simple. By having a user voice based on a user waveform: Will that avoid creating more duplicate waveforms/samples by copying a user phrase from a Sample voice in one PATTERN to another PATTERN (that uses the same SAMPLE VOICE)which will increase the memory/loading USB flash, etc.

& yes !!
I’ve been playing music for quite a while here & am more knowledgeable on KORG workstations.
So, I have been very keen on always doing a SAVE ALL, making a copy of whatever is being experimented & making sure everything is being SAVED on my PC + External hard drive, etc.

I believe you have understood my ? more clearly this time.
Please advise, appreciate it, kindly.
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 04:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Assigning a User Voice to one or more Parts in one or more Patterns does not cause the Waveform to be duplicated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 05:07 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

OK i tried to make it clear as possible.
I do understand that assigning a USER VOICE to a part in different patterns does not duplicate the waveform.

My query is: If i DO NOT make it a user voice & COPY a USER PHRASE from a PATTERN PART (which has the “SAMPLE VOICE") in the MIX to a part in a different pattern, does it not then duplicate waveforms respectively to the parts that i’ve copied them to in different patterns.

So say I had the same USER PHRASE from a part of a PATTERN’s “SAMPLE VOICE” & copied it to 4 other patterns. Now would it not have the same waveform in total being “5” which will show in the integrated sampler waves as well as in the waveform files ? (& that’s what made me arise this ?)

The concern was by NOT making the waveform a USER VOICE, would i be losing memory space + it takes more time loading ALL files by USB Flash ?

Hope this time i made myself really clear.
again, i thanq in advance for the response to this query.
thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 06:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

As you have previously observed, copying a Phrase from one Pattern to another duplicates the Waveform of the User Sample Voice. That’s probably because the ES can’t predict what you might do to the Pattern that has the original one - if you were to delete the original Pattern, then the Waveform would otherwise be gone from not only that original Pattern, but also the one you copied to.

Duplicate Waveforms increase memory usage and file loading times.

I hope that’s clear, because I can’t think of any more to say on this subject that would further clarify it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 09:38 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

No, no & no more clarification necessary.

This subject is very clear to me now so that i may alternatively create user voices & that way have ONE sample/waveform that suits up my user voice which can be called in the mix of the parts of various patterns & at the same time have efficient memory usage as well as lesser loading times.

Right now with 7 SONGS, 10 patterns & approx 20 samples/user waveforms it takes about 5 min & 13 secs.

Thanq Mr. 5pD, highly appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOTIF ES on wave #’s
Next Topic:

Motif ES6 and Mainstage 2 ››