mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vel?"

Posted on: October 09, 2014 @ 11:24 PM
MMahadeen
Total Posts:  22
Joined  03-03-2013

I’m about to ask what is possibly a very stupid question, but I’ve experimented on my own, checked the User Manual, and did a quick search here.  In the MOTIF library of voices, there are several that have a “Vel” at the end of the name.  Like “AF1&2;” when it appears in the same place, I would assume this is some kind of controller parameter that creates a certain effect on the voice, but I can’t seem to figure out what it’s referring to.  I would assume “velocity” but I can’t seem to get a different response out of the voice (other than the standard) when playing with various volumes or velocities.  Could explain with the “Vel” designation refers to and how it works?  I know it’s probably something obvious, but I’ve been using this board for years, still haven’t figured it out, and would just like to know at this point.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2014 @ 09:10 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, “Vel” refers to key velocity, where a sufficiently hard strike will cause a change in the sound. Examples of Voices that have this are PRE2 D06 Nylon Slide Vel and PRE2 D07 Nylon Harmonics Vel. In the case of the first example, the slide is heard when the key velocity is high enough - in the second example, it’s harmonics.

If you’re unable to hear those sounds, apparently you aren’t striking the keys hard enough. If you haven’t already done so, you might try setting the keyboard Velocity Curve to “soft”. Press [UTILITY], [F1](General), [SF1](Play), and change the Velocity Curve setting. Press [STORE] to keep the setting.

Alternatively, you could edit the Voices. For D06 Nylon Slide Vel, reducing the upper Velocity Limit of Element 1 and the lower Velocity Limit of Element 2 would allow the slide to be heard at a lessened key velocity. Store the edited Voice to a User location if you want to keep it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2014 @ 01:22 PM
MMahadeen
Total Posts:  22
Joined  03-03-2013

That did the trick--knew it was something obvious.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS - Create a Double Leslie effect
Next Topic:

Cubase Drum Maps ››