mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Installing Windows FireWire Driver with Motif XS8 - no device panel in Control Panel"

Posted on: August 03, 2014 @ 11:50 PM
OM_fit
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-17-2014

Hello,

Motif XS8 question (sorry rack users):

I am trying to connect my XS8 (updated to OS 1.60) to my computer (Win 7-64) via the mLan. 

I downloaded the latest driver ( http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&product_id=106377&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=21027)

I followed the install instructions.
- Motif off
- connect to computer via mLan port
-ensure no ! or x beside the IEEE1394 bus controllers in the control panel
- run setup.exe
- successful install message
- turn on Motif

First time ‘round, after running setup.exe., I had the Firewire cable connected to the #1 mLan port on the XS8, and when I powered it up, the computer did not see it, so nothing happened.  Under ‘Confirming the Installation’, I checked the Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers, and I had only the Yamaha Steinberg FW Bus.

Second try, I turned the XS8 off, restarted the computer, moved the cable to Firewire output #2 on the Motif, turned the XS8 back on - this time the computer recognized the XS8 and said it had successfully installed new hardware.  Checking the Device Manager, now I have Yamaha mLAN16E2 as well - but still not the WDM Audio or WDM MIDI controllers listed.

Finally, under Changing the Settings After Installation, I click on the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver icon in the system tray, and the Driver control Panel opens - but I have only the General and About tabs - no Motif tab, even though the Motif is still powered on.

Any advice on what I might have done wrong and/or what I can do to make it riwww.motifator.compreciated.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 11:18 AM
OM_fit
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-17-2014

UPDATE

In the clarity of the next morning, I have uninstalled the FW driver, re-installed it, re-power-up the Motif - same result.

Thinking it might have to do with the MIDI and Audio routing in the Motif, I uninstalled the FW driver again, went into the utility on the Motif and set MIDI IN/OUT to mLAN and the Audio I/O to “with PC”, re=installed teh driver, re-powered-up the Motif - - - same result.

* FW driver installation completes with the message that the driver was successfully installed. 

* When I power up the Motif, the computer ‘dings’ that something has been connected. 

* In Control Panel > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers, there are listed Yamaha mLAN16E2, and Yamaha Steinberg FW Bus - but NOT the WDM MIDI or WDM Audio

* Still in Control Panel > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers, if I double click on the Yamaha mLAN16E2,it says “no drivers are installed for this device”!!

* the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver icon is present in the system tray, but the control panel it opens has only the General and about tabs - no Motif tab

* The Motif is not listed in the “Safely Remove Hardware” dialog

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
l418
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-19-2004

I have the same problem,
Is there a solution yet?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ motif xs7 does always factory reset