mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using iPad Air with MOXF8(V.1.10 driver question)"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 09:47 AM
syamtajuddin
Total Posts:  19
Joined  06-18-2014
5pinDIN - 02 August 2014 07:21 AM
syamtajuddin - 02 August 2014 12:07 AM

[...]I am using iPad 3, connected to MOXF using Yamaha i-UX1. The midi send works great, means it works great as midi controller. However, I can’t get audio to be recorded to iPad (auria app). I’ve tried altering the settings, but still nothing works. Auria only detects mic input. Is there anymore setting to be tweaked, or does Yamaha i-UX1 cable did not support audio recording?

A 5-pin-DIN connection won’t work. While USB has sufficient bandwidth to support sending audio via it, MIDI does not.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_1.0

With all due respect mr 5pinDIN, the yamaha i-UX1 is a usb to 30 pin connector :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
syamtajuddin - 02 August 2014 09:47 AM

With all due respect mr 5pinDIN, the yamaha i-UX1 is a usb to 30 pin connector :)

Apologies - I was apparently thinking of the i-MX1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 12:08 PM
syamtajuddin
Joined  06-18-2014

No problem :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 03:16 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Maybe i-UX1 could not support audio, since it is made before MOXF.
Could you check with Camera Connection Kit. If it works with iPad2,
I’m sure that you should not have any issues with iPad3.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 03:19 AM
syamtajuddin
Joined  06-18-2014

Thanks alex. Seems that you are right!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 04:53 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

syamtajuddin, are you able to get any sound from the iPad to the MOXF?  A quick test is to play something in iTunes.  Then turn up the DAW level slider on the MOXF.  Do you hear anything through the keyboard output?  This is a quick test to see if something as simple as iPad audio can be passed to the MOXF.  If not, then it is likely you will need the 30-pin Apple Camera Connection Kit.

If it does play, then you can try these next steps to get the MOXF audio to Auria.

Be sure to follow the section in the following link for “Prepare the MOXF6/MOXF8”: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf6_moxf8_basic_audio_recording

In Auria, click on ‘Menu’ and select ‘Input Matrix’.  The track you want to use should let you select channels other than MIC.  It sounds like you are only seeing MIC as an available choice.

This is pretty much all I did to get it to work:  Set USB I/O in the Utility section to 2StereoRec.  And then all four USB channels became available in Auria within the input matrix.  Keep in mind, USB channels 3/4 are the main MOXF audio, while channels 1/2 are for the A/D input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:54 AM
vcf
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-07-2014
kiborg - 21 July 2014 07:11 PM

Main surprise came when I connected Kurzweil PC3 to Moxf MIDI input. (I coudn’t do it on my XS. I had to choose midi or usb.) Then I was able to play Ipad,s synths using PC3 keyboard without triggering Moxf sound engine. It looks like Moxf midi in is just bypassing moxf engine and going directly to moxf USB interface midi out.

I can’t get this to work.

Setup

Nord MIDI Out to MOXF MIDI In

MOXF USB out to iPad in

MIDI In/Out on MOXF set to USB

MOXF plays synth on iPad (iMini) and audio comes back through MOXF

Nord does not play MOXF or iPad

Now MIDI In/Out on MOXF set to MIDI

Nord plays MOXF but MIDI is not routed to iPad - so no sound from iMini although I can play a fews keys on iMini and the sound comes through the MOXF.

How do you get the MOXF MIDI In to bypass MOXF and go direct to USB?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 06:46 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

ChazKeys - 28 August 2014 11:54 AM
kiborg - 21 July 2014 07:11 PM

Main surprise came when I connected Kurzweil PC3 to Moxf MIDI input. (I coudn’t do it on my XS. I had to choose midi or usb.) Then I was able to play Ipad,s synths using PC3 keyboard without triggering Moxf sound engine. It looks like Moxf midi in is just bypassing moxf engine and going directly to moxf USB interface midi out.

Setup

MOXF USB out to iPad in

Nord plays MOXF but MIDI is not routed to iPad - so no sound from iMini although I can play a fews keys on iMini and the sound comes through the MOXF.

When you want to connect other instrument than MOXF to iPad or some computer DAW
(PC or Mac) you should have to set MIDI port. Whatever DAW you are using or iPad application,
you should select as MIDI input “Yamaha MOXF port 3”. MOXF uses port 3 to transmit MIDI data from / to
its 5pin MIDI input/output over USB. See page 54, Owner’s Manual.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2014 @ 06:36 PM
kiborg
Total Posts:  33
Joined  10-17-2008

ChazKeys - 28 August 2014 07:54 AM
kiborg - 21 July 2014 03:11 PM

Setup

MOXF USB out to iPad in

Solution is very simple. All what you did is correct, only few things is missing.

Press Utility, SF4(other) and set Midi in/out to USB
Press Quick setup + bank button A(1) - Nord and moxf will both play Ipad sounds
Or
Press Quick setup + B(2)- Nord will play Ipad and Moxf will play Moxf sounds
Or
Press quick setup + C(3)- Nord will play Ipad and Moxf will play Moxf+Ipad

I am talking Nord but I have PC3’ but I think there is no differance

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No Cubae MOXF MIDI device?
Next Topic: