mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song to MP3"

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 08:25 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Does somebody know how to export a MotifXF song to mp3 format ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 08:32 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

How to make a WAV or AIFF for CD/MP3 creation

As you will see, the simplest way is to first record directly to a USB thumb drive as a WAV.

Once you have a WAV, you can convert it to mp3 with Audacity, which is a free program.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 04:27 PM
MichaelJHuman
Total Posts:  369
Joined  09-04-2007

I use Sound Forge to pre-process all my songs before uploading them to sound cloud.  The reason being that it can normalize to whatever level you want (like -10 dB) trim if needed, and then export.

I imagine Audacity can do some/all of this, but I admit I find Sound Forge easy to use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:03 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
MichaelJHuman - 28 August 2014 04:27 PM

I use Sound Forge to pre-process all my songs before uploading them to sound cloud.  The reason being that it can normalize to whatever level you want (like -10 dB) trim if needed, and then export.

I imagine Audacity can do some/all of this, but I admit I find Sound Forge easy to use.

Yes you can do all that with Audacity, and Sound Forge would be a good choice also.

I guess the take-away is that conversion to mp3 (per the OP’s request) will be required at some point since the machine won’t deliver that format natively.

The appeal (to many) of Audacity is all the stuff it will do well...for free.  But there are many other software options that will do the conversion also.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

The Op’s got a Mac… itunes?
... does fine for us.
Many different formats plus it gives a ‘pro-made master’ a listen, too.

... just open the .wav from the USB the Motif made with iTunes, then format to whatever you wish.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:12 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
yamahaFan - 28 August 2014 05:06 PM

The Op’s got a Mac… itunes?
... does fine for us.
Many different formats plus it gives a ‘pro-made master’ a listen, too.

… just open the .wav from the USB the Motif made with iTunes, then format to whatever you wish.

There you go, another great option!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:15 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Joined  09-20-2011

Thanks cmayhle!
The ‘Newb’ from 2011 strikes a good one!  :-))

I can recall on this forum
asking for someone to tell me what a USB Drive was!  ha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:23 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

FYI.  For PC users without DAW’s, I use a free program called Format Factory.  Has many functions, and includes Wav to mp3 conversion.  Very quick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Well I was able to very successfully convert the song to WAV on my brand new MotifXF6, then I converted the WAV file to mp3 using iTunes and then synchronized to my iPhone the 53 second intro rhythm part which plays directly from my iPhone son that way I don’t have to carry my Motif just for that.

Those are the good news, that bad news is that I wiped out the original song from the Motif by accident, so I can no longer edit it. I guess the way to learn is by making mistakes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 06:38 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Joined  09-20-2011
Venatt - 29 August 2014 05:58 PM

Well I was able to very successfully convert the song to WAV on my brand new MotifXF6, then I converted the WAV file to mp3 using iTunes and then synchronized to my iPhone the 53 second intro rhythm part which plays directly from my iPhone son that way I don’t have to carry my Motif just for that.

Those are the good news, that bad news is that I wiped out the original song from the Motif by accident, so I can no longer edit it. I guess the way to learn is by making mistakes.

If you have an AllFile with that song in question on it, and have installed
The Motif XF Editor, load the usb into the mac.
The Editor opens automatically.
It you don’t have Motif XF Editor yet,
it’s here…
MOTIF XF Editor Standalone / VST V1.6.4 for Mac OS X
With Cubase you can transfer it back to the XF to continue to edit there, or
just edit within the Cubase environment.

There is also a way to re-sample the wav back into the XF,
if it’s on the USB by itself without the AllFile, but I’ve never done that because of being without a need to yet…

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 6.35.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-29 at 6.33.22 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Joined  09-20-2011

I had forgotten to include the link to direct installation
for PC USERS to get the Motif XF Editor…
It’s HERE.
All probably know this ... but sure to install the ‘Extension’ as well for your appropriate computer platform.
Any or all questions welcomed when trying to get the communication between Cubase and XF seamless.
Any that have experienced this multi-directional transferring of bulk dumps know how State-of-the-Art incredible this integration of communications between DAW/COMPUTER > and < Motif really is.
Is it the only daw that will do this? ... Anyone??
I was surprised to discover Yamaha owns it all!  :-)

added: I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Steinberg. Whether it’s a purchase from their shop or support, it’s always been rewarding and pleasant.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thanks Michael Trigoboff
Next Topic:

Exporting Stems??? ››