mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Prologue"

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 08:00 PM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011

First, if this is posted incorrectly in this section I understand if it is deleted. It relates to setting up the MOX on a computer. (I’ll probably get in trouble because I posted this in the Steinberg section also.)

I just installed Prologue on my Mac. I am using the Cubase AI5 that came with my MOX. There isn’t any documentation that describes how to access Prologue. I do not see it as a plug-in through Cubase and it does not appear as a standalone application. When I search my system it only pulls up the PDF and installation files that I downloaded and unzipped. I even went through the installation process twice.

The Steinberg web site does not even have information that I could locate.

Can someone describe at least how it is opened?

The PDF manual starts after the program is already open. It does not talk about registering or any initialization steps.

Thank you

EDIT:

I discovered this link and am downloading it to read. Still would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/Prologue_YC-3B_Activation.pdf

EDIT 2:

I Followed the directions in this PDF but it did not recognize the Prologue activation code when prompted and although it recognized the YC-3B activation code it would not let me go further without a physical USB licenser device attached which I did not receive with the MOX. The activation codes for Prologue and the YC-3B emulator were supplied with the MOX.

EDIT 3:

I repeated the steps and was finally able to activate the YC-3B emulator but the activation code for Prologue was still not recognized as valid.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 08:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/productactivation/soft_elicenser_activation0.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2011 @ 03:55 AM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011

I thought things like this were carefully avoided, (mixing O’s with 0’s, I’s with 1’s and similar), so this would not happen but the activation code is broken up into 8 groups of characters and one group was KO00. Much less clear than what shows up here, the font used for the sheet with the activation code barely distinguishes the difference between the O’s and the 0’s. After this realization it worked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
theremin
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-13-2012

I have read a couple of threads here concerning Prologue Install issues. 
I still can’t install mine for MOX-6.  It gives a message saying I must install Cubase 5AI first.  I already have 6AI.
Are there any solutions tio this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 03:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry you are having issues with your Prologue installation. But it does not install on the MO-X you must install it so that it appears in your Cubase AI6.

Please tell us what computer you have and what you have done so far. Do you have a MySteinberg account? Have you registered your Cubase Ai6? Did you authorize your Prologue?

Ultimately there is no reason why you cannot install Prologue into Cubase AI6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

You might want to checvk to see if it is not already installed with AI6 as it comes already installed with some of the Cubase products. ;)

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 04:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

True that. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
theremin
Joined  03-13-2012
Bad_Mister - 20 March 2012 03:08 PM

Sorry you are having issues with your Prologue installation. But it does not install on the MO-X you must install it so that it appears in your Cubase AI6.

Please tell us what computer you have and what you have done so far. Do you have a MySteinberg account? Have you registered your Cubase Ai6? Did you authorize your Prologue?

Ultimately there is no reason why you cannot install Prologue into Cubase AI6.

Thanks for replying. 
I have Windows 7 64 Home.  Cubase AI6. I have a My Steinberg Acct. All my software is registered.
I went to the download section of Yamaha’s website and found the Prologue Download.  I downloaded that.  Now when I try to install it it stops and says: error-must first install Cubase AI5. That’s it! 
I was in contact with Yamaha Support 2-day, they told me it can’t be done.  I must install C AI5.  I’d rather not though. Cubase AI6 does not come with Prologue.  I’d like to check it out.  Should I just upgrade my Cubase AI to Elements and then use the included Prologue, or should I ditch 6 and install the AI5?  Is Prologue even worth any of this?
Thanks for dealing with a Noob.  I’m trying to learn. 
Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2013 @ 03:42 AM
NOCU
Joined  06-12-2013

Hello everybody. Same problem here. I just received my MOX6 and when I tried to install Prologue I had the same message: error-must first install Cubase AI5. So after more than one year it seems this problem wasn’t solved yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2014 @ 05:14 PM
whitesnake
Joined  06-17-2014

still nothing new?
I’ve just got a moxf8 and I’ve got the same issue with Prologue.

best regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2014 @ 06:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The thing about posting in this thread is you do not have the same issue because you do not have the same version of software, nor do you have the same keyboard.

If you have a MOXF you likely have gotten a different version of Cubase. When the MOX came out Cubase AI5 came with it on a DVD-ROM. There is no more Cubase series 5 and it has become non-compliant on some features. That was some 3 years ago. Several computer operating systems ago.

Cubase AI series 6 or Cubase AI series 7 is likely to have come with your MOXF. Currently AI7 is provided via a download. You receive an ACCESS CODE that allows you to register and get an ACTIVATION CODE that provides you with a permanent eLicense.

So if you are having an issue it is likely completely different from the folks in this thread.

Currently, I believe Prologue is installed when you install Cubase. At any rate what version of Cubase AI are you using? Did you install from a DVD-ROM or was your Cubase AI a download?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 08:31 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

BM - G’day from Oz,
The solution is really quite simple ;)
Yamaha needs to update/amend the multi-language yellow sheet that has the activation codes for both Prologue & the YC-3B.
I got my MOXF6 in Jun also, however the sheet is dated 2011 so definitely outdated.
The download URL quoted no longer exists - 404 error page.
The YC-3B (v1.1.2 for Win Dec 13) & docs can be downloaded from the MOXF download page.  There is no Prologue download.
The MOX6 download page does have Prologue (May 11)
However, when you click on the link to download the installer, the following statement appears on the new web page (which it seems that no one reads) -

Caution
- You need to activate the software using Activation Code (yellow paper) included in Carton box of the MOX6/MOX8.
- System Requirements are basically the same as those of the Cubase series(version 5.1.1 or later Cubase 5/Cubase Studio 5, and Cubase Essential 5/Cubase AI 5) as a host application.)
- To activate your software license, install the application while the computer is connected to the Internet.
- For Cubase AI6 users
You do not need to download and install Prologue. The Prologue Synthesizer is already included in Cubase AI6. Just activate your code to eLCC software.
- For Cubase AI5 users
You need to download and install and activate Prologue Synthesizer.
*Please note that MOTIF XF, an instrument itself does not originally have the activation code.

How to Activate
The license of the Prologue is managed with the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) software. Before you can launch the Prologue, you have to use the Activation Code to activate your Soft-eLicenser online.

You then click on the faded out box to download the file.

Perhaps this statement should also be included on the sheet, updated for AI6 and AI7 users.

bgrosse mentioned Prologue may have been included - as stated above it is included in AI6. However it is part of the software as an ‘extra’ that requires to be activated in order to use. The Plug-In Reference manual included in the AI7 docs says that Prologue is only included in the Elements and higher versions.

Regards,
Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha Synth Events this week
Next Topic:

Split keyboard with delay on one side ››