mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I save a Cubase .cpr file as a .wav file, or any other type of file for that matter?"

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 03:10 PM
coliwabl
Total Posts:  13
Joined  11-13-2011

My Cubase 7.5 projects are being saved with an extension of .cpr. The available list does not provide any other option to save as. I would like to use these files with Wavelab but there is no option for the .cpr extension.

I will very much appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks,

Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 06:12 PM
jwatilo
Total Posts:  32
Joined  12-31-2013

Take a look at File/Export to essentially mix down your project to a suitable audio file (.wav, .aiff, .mp3, etc.) which you can then open in WaveLab.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2014 @ 11:47 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi Dennis,
That is a very fundamental question, so it suggests that you may be very new to Cubase. With that in mind, you may benefit from the following suggestions:

a) Please do the tutorials that are provided with your purchase.
b) Make use of the detailed manual and Help function in Cubase.
c) In Google, just type in something like “Exporting Audio Cubase” and you will see many links.
d) Please watch the video tutorials for Cubase 7. For example, this one includes audio export:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeXhZ9Lz4sw

There are many ways to learn and assist yourself, and of course forums are also a great way to obtain information that isn’t available via the sources above. But the support files and videos for Cubase are extensive, so they should prove to be of great value to you no matter which level of understanding you reach.....frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2014 @ 01:34 PM
coliwabl
Joined  11-13-2011

Thank you to the both of you for the assistance.

I’m now having a bit of difficulty because when transported to Wavelab, there is only a small portion of the piece that will playback. It appears as if that the file created after using the audio Mixdown is only a segment of the original .cpr file. I will appreciate your additional guidance with this issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2014 @ 07:50 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Are your locators set to include all the audio you wish to export?

But another word of advice is to not ‘try to run before you can walk’.:) There’s no way you’ve had time between my last message and now to go through all the suggestions I offered, so please try to do some of that, and you should then not have any problems exporting. Once you have the exported file you want THEN go into Wavelab. Cheers..frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2014 @ 11:52 PM
coliwabl
Joined  11-13-2011

I’m revisiting the Cubase tutorials I started before illness struck last year. I’m sure they will be very helpful. Thanks for your assistance to date. Dennis

[ Ignore ]