mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Next generation motif"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: June 11, 2014 @ 08:36 PM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

From past trends, the motif line is renewed every 3-4 years.

Anyone suspecting the new gen motif to be out in 2014 or 2015?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 10:48 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

I gave up waiting for their next generation Workstation ;-)

If it comes ... then great, if not ... then I don’t care.

Although, I would love to see YAMAHA release a new Synth. (not workstation), which would offer something totally new, and exciting as far as synthesis technology is concerned.  But, that is a far fetched wish. SO… here we go again.

Summer NAMM 2014 is around the corner, I think July 17th. We will know if YAMAHA has anything exciting to offer.

Am I optimistic this will happen this time around ?  No.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 06:54 AM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Hi guys!
Today I will return back to Guitar Center Tyros 5!!!
I got it for $ 5000.00, 76 keys, but is to much money for what Yamaha did this time with this keyboard! The organs, excellent plus some of guitars but Strings, Sax section and E Pianos are les quality then my Tyros 2.
Sorry Yamaha but this Keyboard Don’t deserve more then 25, 28 hundred dollars!
Wish the best things to all of you !
Dorin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
Hamad
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-02-2013

it’s about 4 years now and yamaha didn’t release any workstation
this is the longest amount of time ever between their keyboards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 09:34 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Hamad - 24 June 2014 08:22 AM

Yes, I wonder what they are up to ?  Something really new, and very exciting, or another watered down MO… or maybe Nothing at all ? 

Even the Motif XF was not a huge step up from the Motif XS.

So, technically, it has been more than four years since they really put something NEW and Very Exciting.  I guess we will know when they release something. Oh.. and I was comparing Roland and Korg’s website designs to Yamaha’s (Yamahasynth.com) . Yamaha needs a better website, their current website looks so boring, and dull compared to other companies.

Oh well.. I will stop complaining. and continue to be patient, and wait ...

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 10:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Oh.. and I was comparing Roland and Korg’s website designs to Yamaha’s (Yamahasynth.com) . Yamaha needs a better website, their current website looks so boring, and dull compared to other companies.

The only thing with comparing two (primarily) synthesizer companies with Yamaha is the 15,000 other products we make. Seriously. Remember we make almost every musical instrument both student and professional models… (no page on professional piccolos at those companies, where’s their Euphonium specs? We currently make 7 different Euphoniums) its a bigger world than just workstations !!! :-)

Every time I get ready to complain about the website, I go and explore just how many different Yamaha products you can get information on… And I wind up shutting myself up. It’s bigger than just my personal area of interest.

http://USA.yamaha.com is the official corporate website if you live in the USA.

Your country may have its own Yamaha website as well… Visit it, explore. Yamaha is a musical instrument company, the others you named make a few instruments, but they are not even close to the breadth of musical instruments we make, you agree?

Sorry, somebody had to say it! :-)

The other day I looked up Custom Marching Percussion and you can see them in each of the 24 high quality lacquer finished colors… I’m just saying....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 10:25 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Bad_Mister - 24 June 2014 10:03 AM

Oh.. and I was comparing Roland and Korg’s website designs to Yamaha’s (Yamahasynth.com) . Yamaha needs a better website, their current website looks so boring, and dull compared to other companies.

The only thing with comparing two (primarily) synthesizer companies with Yamaha is the 15,000 other products we make. Seriously. Remember we make almost every musical instrument both student and professional models… (no page on professional piccolos at those companies, where’s their Euphonium specs? We currently make 7 different Euphoniums) its a bigger world than just workstations !!! :-)

Every time I get ready to complain about the website, I go and explore just how many different Yamaha products you can get information on… And I wind up shutting myself up. It’s bigger than just my personal area of interest.

http://USA.yamaha.com is the official corporate website if you live in the USA, Yamahasynth.com is under construction and is currently simply acting as just a portal to the various global sites.

Your country may have its own Yamaha website as well… Visit it, explore. Yamaha is a musical instrument company, the others you named make a few instruments, but they are not even close to the breadth of musical instruments we make, you agree?

The other day I looked up Custom Marching Percussion and you can see them in each of the 24 high quality lacquer finished colors… I’m just saying....

I’m referring to their Synth division. Not band Instruments.

It shouldn’t be that difficult for Yamaha to afford putting together a dedicated, and professional team of web-designers to design a fantastic Yamaha-Synth website. This is a focused area of their huge product line. but it is one of a lot of interest to many musicians, since a lot of todays music uses synths/workstations/electronic keyboards.

I hope this makes sense to you, and to Yamaha.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 10:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

(So you think there are more synthesizer players than clarinetist? Ha,ha, wake up) :-) look I love synthesizers too, but just trying to get you to look around!!! The world does not revolve around the synthesizer player.

Hope that makes sense to you! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 10:56 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004
Bad_Mister - 24 June 2014 10:44 AM

The world does not revolve around the synthesizer player.

Heresy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 11:09 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

As I mentioned, maybe reRead, it is under construction.... This means they are working on it.

(So you think there are more synthesizer players than clarinetist? Ha,ha, wake up) :-) look I love synthesizers too, but just trying to get you to look around!!! The world does not revolve around the synthesizer player.

So.. How many years has it been under construction ?  ;-) they need a better contractor.

Oh.. and about Clarinetists.. well, there are lots of guitar players too. but.. that’s not the point I’m making.  I play other instruments besides synths/keyboards. but many of these instruments have the same features/design they had since the 19th century ;-) on the other hand, synths are constantly evolving in terms of design, features, various new synthesis technologies, and faster processing power, higher capacity memory chips in smaller footprints. ...etc., etc.

I look forward to a new Yamaha-Synth website, and some new and exciting Synths and/or Workstation whenever that happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2014 @ 04:00 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

edited because I can…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 06:34 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
mm6 - 11 June 2014 08:36 PM

Anyone suspecting the new gen motif to be out in 2014 or 2015?

no.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 06:42 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008

Better say yamaha does not care about synthesiser players, nur about anyone else but yamaha serves satan and like money, but it does not mean that awrybody else , large or small company must be the same as yamaha, and it does not mean that it is impossible to do ur work by passion but not because of money!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 06:46 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
muziksculp - 24 June 2014 10:25 AM

http://USA.yamaha.com is the official corporate website if you live in the USA, Yamahasynth.com is under construction and is currently simply acting as just a portal to the various global sites.

I’m referring to their Synth division. Not band Instruments.

It shouldn’t be that difficult for Yamaha to afford putting together a dedicated, and professional team of web-designers to design a fantastic Yamaha-Synth website. This is a focused area of their huge product line. but it is one of a lot of interest to many musicians, since a lot of todays music uses synths/workstations/electronic keyboards.

I hope this makes sense to you, and to Yamaha.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

yamaha corporation cares only about money , so because of that they will do something only if they are 100% sure it will bring them alot of money!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 12:11 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

http://USA.yamaha.com is the official corporate website if you live in the USA.

I have some knowledge of IT and you don’t adjust those 15,000 websites manually. There is a software ( such as a content management system AKA CMS ) which can take care of it elegantly. Yamaha’s website is like all 5 star reviews allowed version of amazon.com.

Sorry, somebody had to say it! :-D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 05:15 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004
muziksculp - 24 June 2014 09:34 AM
Hamad - 24 June 2014 08:22 AM

Yes, I wonder what they are up to ?  Something really new, and very exciting, or another watered down MO… or maybe Nothing at all ? 

Even the Motif XF was not a huge step up from the Motif XS.

So, technically, it has been more than four years since they really put something NEW and Very Exciting.  I guess we will know when they release something.
Cheers,
Muziksculp

When the Kronos was released with a SSD drive and virtual synthesis engines, I was sort of hoping that Yamaha did the same thing.  I would love to see a new SSD based Yamaha Motif workstation with real virtual synth engines based on the AN1x, and a full virtual DX7 with all 6 operators, 32 algorithms and every preset Yamaha ever made for them.  Also, since the waveform data in all of the Motifs have been relatively small in comparison to the SSD technology available now, it would be nice if this new workstation had all of the presets from all of the Motifs.  The current XF only has 741 MB of wave ROM.  That’s really nothing at all in comparison to some of the libraries of virtual instruments, and it certainly wouldn’t take up much space on a 62 GIG SSD drive relatively.

Of course, Yamaha would have to make a new soundset for the new keyboard that really takes advantage of all of the new technology.  All of this may seem like a lot to hope for, but in reality, I don’t think it’s unattainable at all.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New MAC OS X - Fall of 2014
Next Topic:

To All Creative People Everywhere ››