mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VST Editor in Studio One Guide PDF"

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
Andy M
Total Posts:  75
Joined  10-16-2012

To any Presonus Studio One users here…

I’ve received so many questions from Studio One users on how use the MOX VST Editor in Studio One that I decided to compile my replies and edit them into a PDF file.  Some of this info might me useful to users of other DAWs (apart from Cubase) too.

Anyway, here it is - see attached.

Cheers

File Attachments
Yamaha MOX6 in Studio One.pdf  (File Size: 695KB - Downloads: 1677)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 05:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Thank you, Andy, for taking the time to do this… I’m sure others will find it useful!

Excellent!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2014 @ 04:28 AM
pranav_mox6
Total Posts:  38
Joined  05-24-2014

Hi Andy M.
Well Thats awesome when I saw this post about MOX editor in Studio one. Because S1 is my favorite DAW and I do all my Music in S1 only.

I tried all the steps you mentioned in the PDF. Everything went ok until i reached to the step where I had to record the audio track. But I dint get any audio. I dint see any wave graph in the audio event.

Do I have to Change the MOX audio send channel to 1&2;? If yes then How can I do that in MOX utility as you mentioned it can be done there?

I also tried switching USB I/O mode of MOX to either VST, 2 stereo rec or 1 stereo rec mode. but when I kept on 1 or 2 stereo rec mode, I got the error that “the Audio device Yamaha Steinberg USB has failed to start correctly”. then studio one gets hang.

Attaching some screenshots. Please have a look at them.

Image Attachments
MOX editor in S1.jpgReady to get audio.jpgRecorded audio.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 25, 2014 @ 02:10 PM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

If your MOX is setup in 4-channel mode, you need to set your audio inputs for the audio channel to MOX outputs 3/4.  Right now you probably have the inputs set to MOX outputs 1/2, which is for the aux input on the MOX.  You may need to setup channels 3/4 in Studio One first.

Check this article by Bad Mister:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_and_your_computer_a_getting_started_guide

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 10:52 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

I think the only way that I got the editor to work was using 4.

That’s in the editor setup.

I only want to use the editor, not the mox as an interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2014 @ 03:04 AM
pranav_mox6
Joined  05-24-2014
rlared - 25 July 2014 02:10 PM

If your MOX is setup in 4-channel mode, you need to set your audio inputs for the audio channel to MOX outputs 3/4.  Right now you probably have the inputs set to MOX outputs 1/2, which is for the aux input on the MOX.  You may need to setup channels 3/4 in Studio One first.

Check this article by Bad Mister:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_and_your_computer_a_getting_started_guide

Did it. It worked but the music of the recorded data got messed up.
Listen to the file.

File Attachments
Mixdown.mp3  (File Size: 596KB - Downloads: 680)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2014 @ 03:07 AM
pranav_mox6
Joined  05-24-2014
Tacman7 - 26 July 2014 10:52 AM

I think the only way that I got the editor to work was using 4.

That’s in the editor setup.

I only want to use the editor, not the mox as an interface.

I also got it worked. But I’m getting noise when the MOX is connected to USB from my audio interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2015 @ 01:11 PM
pblais
Total Posts:  95
Joined  03-05-2015

Hi Andy,

Finally, I found someone who has run the editor and stuff in Studio One.

I am trying to follow the directions in your PDF file.  But, my setup is different than yours.
I have a Motif Rack-XS.  I am using an M-AUDIO Keystation 88 to send it MIDI info.
I have downloaded and install all the latest drivers and stuff that you mention and including the latest VST/Standalone Editor.
I am having a hard time getting through steps 3 and 4 of your PDF file.
Do you know how I can perform the same steps using the hardware that I have?

Thanks in advance
Pierre

[ Ignore ]