mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "tranferring sounds from ES to XS"

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 02:32 PM
goonchazz
Total Posts:  35
Joined  08-16-2005

Hey,
I have a Motif ES and am wondering what the best way to get sounds into an XS is. There are quite a few custom made voices and performances that are saved in my ES. It appears that the XS does not have a smart card option? I don’t know how else to save or load the sounds other than on a card. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
SC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 02:46 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

You will need a USB stick. Keep in mind that most of your voices will probably transfer fine, however a few may not due to the different effects used by both keyboards in which you may need to do a little editing. I have also run occasionally into situations where the preset waves don’t match properly either in which the voice may be way off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 03:41 PM
goonchazz
Total Posts:  35
Joined  08-16-2005

thank you. is there an easy way to dump all the sounds at once? or do i have to do each voice or performance individually? also what type of file will it be>?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 04:43 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Just save everything in the ES as an All file. The XS can extract all the ES voices from that.

Performances cannot be transferred from the ES. You will have to recreate them all manually on the XS. I hope you don’t have a lot of them!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

ES Performances can be loaded to the XS individually and in entirety.

EDIT: I just loaded a W7A file, including “all” Performances.

The attached are excerpts from page 274 of the XS Owner’s Manual, in a section about ES data compatibility.

Image Attachments
ES Performances.gifES All Data.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ creating arps MOTIF ES
Next Topic:

ES8 setup voice editor help ››