mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS forum"

Posted on: May 14, 2014 @ 11:42 AM
rotterdam1970
Total Posts:  55
Joined  08-27-2012

Where is the motif XS forum???????????  still not working a couple of weeks.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2014 @ 12:38 AM
mkeschinger
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-25-2011

Was hoping to see a response to this. Is the xs- rack now for questions on the xs board? Sorry if I missed the memo. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2014 @ 02:36 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
mkeschinger - 15 June 2014 12:38 AM

Was hoping to see a response to this. Is the xs- rack now for questions on the xs board? Sorry if I missed the memo. :)

The last response I’m aware of was from Mr. Motif on April 26 in this thread

Hello All,

We’re hopeful that Motif XS forum can be restored and its disappearance continues to be a puzzle. Essentially, after a d/base crash and reboot this forum did not reboot. The team we hire (and have hired for the past decade) to maintain Motifator.com has not been able to retrieve Motif XS by anything other means than a solution which they are ‘reasonably hopeful’ will work but that will take more time and people-power than has currently been available. Not an ideal solution by any means, but one we don’t seem to have an alternative for right now. As has been mentioned, we could open a new or temporary Motif XS forum but we don’t want to do this if a fix is reasonably close at hand.  If we don’t get this fixed by the beginning of the month that’s what we will do. Meantime I’m sure any Motif XS posts posted in Motif XF forum will be handled perfectly well.

Everyone’s understanding during this extremely irksome situation is greatly appreciated.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2014 @ 11:17 AM
mkeschinger
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-25-2011

Thanks jazz!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2014 @ 01:10 PM
bluesplayer
Total Posts:  91
Joined  09-04-2004

The XS forum disappeared what, 2-3 months ago? 

Some folks are posting in this, or the XF forums, or both, it’s going to get harder for noobs to find help.

PLEASE, start a new XS Forum already. 

And if they CAN revive the old one fine, and we all hope they can and do.  At that point any IT novice should be able to merge in the old with the new.

Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2014 @ 09:29 PM
scherzo
Total Posts:  67
Joined  04-08-2009

Is a lack of respect for the members who have motif xs no specific forum for them.

Yamaha, your attitude is regrettable :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 05:27 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

I’d like to see a new forum for XS opened, it’s been a couple of months now without this forum ... Around the world a lot of people just bought or will buy an XS, so questions that are ‘lost’ will get back soon (and answering them a second time is usually more easy than the first time).

Right now it’s not only dissapointing for XS keyboard owners, it’s also unpleasant for XF and XS-rack owners to see their forum ‘disturbed’ by questions about another instrument.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2014 @ 09:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since the XS and XF are very similar in many respects, it would probably be better to post non-Rack XS questions in the XF forum than in this one.

However, I agree that having a new XS forum is the way to go. Why that isn’t being done is beyond comprehension.

By the way, those who are faulting Yamaha don’t understand the relationship with Motifator/Keyfax.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2014 @ 10:21 PM
tbone
Total Posts:  318
Joined  02-15-2009

+1 on the ‘Create new XS Forum’ suggestion.  Cut bait on the restore and create a new forum.  What is the issue?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2014 @ 01:03 PM
cast1010
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-05-2010

Agreed, I’ve been waiting for the XS forum and find the delay to create the forum rather disappointing. I wonder what the reason is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2014 @ 05:01 PM
bluesplayer
Total Posts:  91
Joined  09-04-2004

It is now either benign neglect or we are just being consciously ignored by the forum administrator for whatever reason

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 04:55 PM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

Hmmm…

Have you guys visited yamahasynth.com recently? This tag line is showing up there:

“yamahasynth.com is a user community that connects users with Yamaha unlike unofficial sites, yamahasynth.com has the Baddest Mister in town!”

Kinda sounds like Phil’s only going to be at yamahasynth.com...?

And it looks like they’re putting together forums:

https://yamahasynth.com/forum

They are empty right now, but a Motif XS forum has been created.

[ Ignore ]