mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB Flash Problem"

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:12 PM
rasikaw
Total Posts:  59
Joined  11-10-2010

Hello,
I have a problem with loading new voices to my MO6.
None of my USB flash drives work with the unit.
I have tried with a 2Gb stick formatted to FAT16 but no luck.
Unfortunately I do not have any smart media cards or card reader.
Is there any workaround for this? Does anyone know of well known brands which wor with MO6?
Many thanks in advance!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The fact that neither your MO nor your Motif ES can deal with the USB drive, it is likely the drive.

If the drive comes with COPY PROTECTION this can prevent your instruments from utilizing it. In such a case, you can usually download a removal tool. (No, you cannot just format the drive to remove the copy protection, that wouldn’t be much protection, now would it!) :-)

After running the removal utility, you’ll find you can use the drive. (That’s a ‘best guess’ given the amount of information you provided about the USB drive).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:30 PM
rasikaw
Joined  11-10-2010

Thanks Bad_Mister for the fast reply.
Well, the 2Gb flash drive that I have did not have any copy protection. Could you please recommend me a copy protection removal tool? I have windows 7 64 Bit System.
Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No, I don’t know the brand of the USB drive… look, you do, simply go to the manufacturer of the drive’s website, and get the product information. You’d be amazed at the things you can find out on the internet…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:35 PM
rasikaw
Joined  11-10-2010

I had this flash stick for a while. I have always used it with my motif XF without a problem. I’m very puzzled.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Okay, so it’s not a new drive, if you used it previously then obviously there is no worry about Copy Protection. When you plug the drive in, does the synth report the size and amount used

Press [FILE]
Press [F1] CONFIG
Press [SF1] CURRENT

If it says 0.0 as the statistics it is truly not seeing the drive.

Check it in your computer, verify that there is still data on the drive. Perhaps it is just not seating properly in the port.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 09:05 PM
rasikaw
Joined  11-10-2010

The machine does not display the statistics or amount used. The computer sees the drive OK.
However, I made a work around by using a USB card reader and an old SD card. Works fine for me.
Thank you for feedback!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2014 @ 09:08 AM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Long ago when the MO series first came out some of the SanDisk Cruzer drives had an autoloading Windows program pre-installed that locked up the MO series. The flash worked fine in a computer but the MO didn’t see it or locked up. Can’t recall what the program was called but there was a removal tool and once it was gone the flash worked fine.

[ Ignore ]