mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES rack not listening to S90 program changes in Master mode"

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 03:42 PM
Bucktunes
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-12-2004

Okay, I hate to have to “pull over and ask directions”, but this one has me baffled…

I’m using my S90 “classic” as a master controller for itself, my Yamaha EX7, TG500 and Motif ES rack. I like to set up “super layer” patches using all four synths and calling them up with a single program change on the S90 - You know, the kind of things we use master mode for…

All three receiving synths respond to MIDI note and controller data from Master mode, but the Motif is the only one that ignores program changes. If I put the S90 and Motif in voice mode on the same channel, the Motif responds just fine to bank and program changes as well as all notes and controllers. So I know the Motif is receiving that data, but why does it ignore bank and program changes when the S90 is in Master?

There’s probably something simple I’m overlooking...Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 05:15 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In order to address the Motif-Rack ES from Master mode, you must use Bank Select and Program Change messages on the appropriate Basic Receive Channel of the Rack ES.

First question: how do you have the Zone addressing the Motif-Rack ES set?
Second question: what is the Basic Receive Channel of the Motif-Rack ES?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 06:23 PM
Bucktunes
Joined  03-12-2004

1. The Motif is receiving from Zone 4 on the S90.
2. The Motif is receiving on basic channel 6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 06:27 PM
Bucktunes
Joined  03-12-2004

Okay, I changed the MIDI channel to 4 on both the S90 and the Motif and now it follows program changes, but it jumps to the GM bank...Getting closer!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2014 @ 08:37 PM
Bucktunes
Joined  03-12-2004

Got it! Had to set the Bank MSB and LSB numbers which had defaulted to 000 - Found them on the support page here. Thanks BadMister! :)

[ Ignore ]