mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha S90xs programming question"

Posted on: May 23, 2014 @ 01:24 PM
vlj
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-23-2014

Hi There..
Im a bit baffled. Im trying to do some programming for a tour. Im doing one performance where i need a CP70 with chrs part one, thats easy, Wurlitzer in part 2 also easy, in Part 3 I need a piano with delay and some plate. all mapped in different zones...also easy!....so I have gone into voice mode, programmed up a piano with the appropriate FX and save it to usr1 slot 20....now when I go back to my performance and try and insert that sound in part 3, the effects are gone? Can anyone shed some light on this for me please and if this is not the way to do it what is?.....Thanks you!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2014 @ 04:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

While each Voice in a PERFORMANCE PART can recall its own two INSERTION EFFECTS, all Parts of the Performance share the to System Effects (Rev and Chorus).

The Insertion a Effects are apart of the Voice, while the System Effects work like the Auxiliary Sends on a mixer… Each channel of the Performances mixer has a Send to the Reverb and a Send to the Chorus.

So when you program your Voice in Voice mode make sure you use Insertion Effects… Or in you Performance copy the System Effects from a particular Voice, but realize that all Parts will share the System Effects

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2014 @ 07:23 PM
vlj
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-23-2014

Thank you for that...I figured it out...now I can’t figure out how to adjust the amount of the effect I have inserted....Is there a mix feature or a send and rtn?
Thanks for the reply
vj

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2014 @ 07:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

By definition, there are two type of effects

Insert - the signal is routed through the device. Gets its name because the source’s output is literally inserted into the effect directly, then the output of the device is routed to the next stage.

Guitar -> wah-wah -> output

This is an example of a simple insert routing.

System - the signal is routed via a Send/Return situation, like on a mixer. Each channel has an aux send, the aux is then routed to a device, the device returns the “wet” signal to be mixed (returned) to the main outputs.

So, no there is not a Send/Return on an Insertion Effect. What you will find depends on the TYPE of device.
For example, if it is an effect there will be a “Wet/Dry” mix balance;
If it is a utility device (like an EQ, or Leveling Amplifier like a Compressor/Limiter, then the entire signal is routed through the device to avoid phase cancellation - you don’t just EQ ‘some’ of the signal). Basically, the parameters you find are determined by the device TYPE inserted.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Nord Stage Piano sound alike
Next Topic:

MAudio Oxygen v2 + s90es ››