mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "saving osc settings (in voice edit)"

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 06:12 AM
raymonster
Total Posts:  8
Joined  08-31-2012

Hello

I was working in pattern mode, with the mixing on, and I did a voice edit, and turned on an extra osc to one of the voices - I got it perfectly how I want it to sound, then I did a store all songs/patterns.  After that I went to performance mode, but when I went back to my original pattern, the extra voice edit settings (including the settings for the osc were gone).  Anyone know why?  Is there are way to save these settings when you do a voice edit in pattern mode?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 07:26 AM
raymonster
Joined  08-31-2012

To be more specific in what I edit and doesn’t seem to get stored:

When I do a voice edit in the mixing (pattern mode), in the F1 OSC section under the SF1 Wave page, you select an Element (with the 1-8 buttons on the right) and chose to switch ON an Element (ElementSW).  I then fiddled around to get the settings right for how I want this element to sound.  What doesn’t seem to get stored is that extra element I switched on (it is has switched back to the default OFF settings for that element) when you load up the pattern again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 07:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Storing a Mixing Voice is a separate operation, additional to storing a Pattern or Song.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/458727/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 08:14 AM
raymonster
Joined  08-31-2012

Thank you 5pinDIN.  Will try it when I get home.  Link was very helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 03:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When I do a voice edit in the mixing (pattern mode), in the F1 OSC section under the SF1 Wave page, you select an Element (with the 1-8 buttons on the right) and chose to switch ON an Element (ElementSW).  I then fiddled around to get the settings right for how I want this element to sound.  What doesn’t seem to get stored is that extra element I switched on (it is has switched back to the default OFF settings for that element) when you load up the pattern again.

MIXING VOICES are stored only in the Song or Pattern you create them in… If you wish to use it in a PERFORMANCE, or even in another Song or Pattern, you would opt to STORE it in a Normal USER Banks where every Performance, Song and Pattern will have access to it.

So when you edited the Voice in Mixing mode using the [VCE EDIT] function and you pressed [STORE] just like with your computer, you can browse and select a specific location to store the Voice… Including the Normal USER banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Layers and AF1 and AF2
Next Topic:

Routing with RECORDING and PLAYBACK ››