mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing voice"

Posted on: April 05, 2014 @ 11:51 AM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

Got an MX61 a few weeks ago, and I’m really liking it so far.  But I can’t seem to figure out how to save edited voices.  Specifically, there’s a synth lead sound I like for a particular song, but it’s so much louder than the rest of the sounds I’m using.  So, I’d like to change the volume of this particular voice.  I looked in the manual, and I’m fairly certain I’m following the directions: I go into EDIT—PART—PLAY MODE, and then change the volume.  I then saved it to U001.  But when I do this, every voice is now playing at the lower volume.  When I use SHIFT/SELECT to reset everything, all voices (including the new U001) are all playing at full volume again.  So U001 is still playing at the same volume as the original voice.  What am I doing wrong?  Is what I’m wanting even possible?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2014 @ 02:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2014 @ 04:05 PM
Aaronjw
Joined  01-15-2009

meatball, your reply isn’t showing any text.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 01:14 PM
Aaronjw
Joined  01-15-2009

Still having this issue; does no one have the solution?

I’m also having the same issue editing some other settings in voices.  Trying to change the cutoff setting for a Synth Lead sound, but it doesn’t say the voice has been edited.  Some settings do cause the voice to be marked as edited, and some don’t; I can’t figure out why this would be.  Surely someone has some idea?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 10:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You don’t have access to the Voice Volume parameter from the front panel. The Volume you are adjusting is the PART VOLUME.

What’s the difference, you ask… If you substitute a different Voice in this Part it will inherit the Part Volume.
It is the same as if you set the first channel of your band’s mixer to a particular volume setting, then you unplug the original instrument and plug in a different instrument… The mixer fader stays the same, the new instrument inherits the volume you previously set for the first channel.

Voice volume is a parameter that can only be reached using a full VOICE EDITOR, like the John Melas MX Tools, and the soon to be released full Editors from the Psicraft folks (the company that did the Performance Editor).

It is the parameters like the Control Set, the Insertion Effect, that are unique to the Voice, that will be stored to your USER VOICE location.

Whichever of the 16 Parts you assign your User Voice to, it will inherit the current PART VOLUME.

PART VOLUME is like the Volume set by a mixer’s fader
VOICE VOLUME is like the Volume control on the individual instrument. Like a Rhodes electric piano or an electric guitar has its own volume independent from the mixer’s channel volume. And as I mentioned is a parameter that is accessible only via the VOICE EDITOR (Melas).

Do you have the Melas MX Tools?
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

So it is perfectly normal to have any Voice you place in the Part to inherit the Part Volume.
Please see the BASIC STRUCTURE area if the Reference Manual for details (starting on Page 8), to discover the relationship between the Voice and the Performance PART.

[ Ignore ]