mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Layers and AF1 and AF2"

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 07:26 PM
beedub
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-21-2014

I’ve got a MOX 8, and I like it a lot.

I’d like to set up a couple of performances to add a string layer when AF1 is pressed.

I’d like the string layer to be off when I call up the performance, sound when I press AF1, and stop sounding when I press AF1 again.

So, if AF1 is lit, I have strings, and when it’s dark, I don’t.

I thought I was pretty good at programming, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do this.

So: Is it possible? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 07:51 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I am not sure if a similar document exists for the MOX, but this article for the XF gives you some direction in using AF buttons to set up VOICE switching.

File Attachments
ADVANCED APPLICATION_XF.pdf  (File Size: 91KB - Downloads: 265)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 08:23 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I don’t know the MOX, but am hoping it is similar to XS/MOXF.  I think what you may need to do is take your string voice and edit it so that all the voice elements are set to only turn on when AF1 is pressed.  In the Performance, you will need to be sure that Part is set to respond to AF1.  You’ll just need to be sure pressing AF1 does not do something else in a voice you are not expecting.

Another option is to start the string volume initially at 0 and then turn the volume up when you need the strings to come in.  Possibly not the best solution for what you want, but an option.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 09:43 PM
tritone
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-14-2013
beedub - 21 April 2014 07:26 PM

I’d like to set up a couple of performances to add a string layer when AF1 is pressed.

Take a look at the MOX Reference Manual on the bottom of p. 38.  In the F1 OSC section under the SF1 Wave page, you can select an Element (with the 1-8 buttons on the right) and choose whether the Element is on or off (ElementSW).  You probably want to set it Off to start with.  Then under XA Control, choose AF1 ON or AF2 ON to make that element turn on when that AF button is pressed.

So you’d pick an Element that doesn’t have any WaveCategory or WaveNumber on it, and load it with your String sound.  Set the functions above, and I think the AF you chose will turn the String on and off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 07:20 AM
beedub
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-21-2014

Wow! Lots of replies in a few hours. Thanks, guys! I’ll try these when I get home, and report back.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ More Preset Patterns?
Next Topic:

saving osc settings (in voice edit) ››