mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Q: Can you tweak “Hard” to be “Hard"+"er”?"

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 06:08 PM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

According to Bad_Mister‘s advice, the first thing you should do is to set the velocity curve to your liking on any new keyboard you try. He highly encourages you to spend half an hour trying every setting. Speaking of settings, you have a choice of Normal (BM says it is okay not to be normal), Soft, Hard, Wide and that awful fixed velocity.

The question is, I set it to “Hard”. Can I tweak it further to be “Harder”? Is there anything else that could be done anywhere in the menus? The reason is that playing pianissimo on a Motif XF7 keyboard tend to be challenging to me a bit in the left hand so I like it to respond less that it does with the “Hard” setting. Thanks to anyone who can help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 01:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The question is, I set it to “Hard”. Can I tweak it further to be “Harder”?

Yes, of course.

Is there anything else that could be done anywhere in the menus?

Again, yes of course.

The reason is that playing pianissimo on a Motif XF7 keyboard tend to be challenging to me a bit in the left hand so I like it to respond less that it does with the “Hard” setting.

Not sure I follow what you are saying there… but search “Velocity Sensitivity” in your Reference Manual. Within each Voice you can customize to an unprecedented degree the sensitivity to velocity per Element, you will be interested in Amplitude and possibly Filter sensitivity settings.

In the tutorial, it discusses how this was done and set so that it is customizable by setting the controller depth until it feels right.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 01:00 PM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

BM. Thank you sir. That is so awesome actually. Can the motif get any “Awesome"+"er"?! ;-)

[ Ignore ]