mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking for a workstation"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 10:36 AM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

Stephen Kay. You are way too awesome! :-) Thank you so much sir.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 06:18 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I would agree with Stephen Kay - they both have their strong points.  It really depends on what you want to do.  I own a XF8 and purchased Karma Motif to complement the capability of the Motif, not to replace the Motif arps.  There are times where I would use one over the other to accomplish a specific purpose, but they have different purposes and I would not say one is better than the other. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2014 @ 11:08 AM
Coowallsky
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  06-18-2003
kvnkreedl - 02 February 2014 08:10 PM

Im a BIG Yamaha fan.....but, If your budject is $4500...you should go to musiccomputing.com & get a studioblae...just saying!!!!  check it out!

They haven’t updated their website since 2010.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 01:05 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005
joesax - 14 April 2014 10:31 AM

The Kronos is a very nice board but completely different from the Motif. If you want to compose and record original music or original arrangements then the 8,000 Motif arps that intelligently respond to your playing make it the winner. There is NO other workstation that does this. The ability to quickly create a four part performance, mixing and matching voices (instruments) and arps ( what they play) is fantastic. Compare that to a Kronos Combi that has a fixed Arp per part and a Drum part with very limited variation. Certainly not the ability to quickly have 5 customized variations per part. You need to compare deeper and match it to how you want to use the workstation. For composing the Motif IMHO is the way to go. For live play they are both very good and the differences are a matter of taste.

This is information is completely incorrect… FOR SURE>

Karma (kronos “arp” system) completely blows the motif Arps out of the water…

(karma is available for motif as well… but you must use a computer to implement it.)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I can not make the update to version 1.50
Next Topic:

moxf6 can’t find Chick Corea banks ››