mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Standard GM Drums from Motif Classic to MO6"

Posted on: April 11, 2014 @ 03:45 AM
eziobkey
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-11-2014

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me.

I own both the motif classic and the Mo6
I’m trying to make the machines sound as more similar as possible..

I found here a wonderful file with the three preset bank sounds of the Motif Classic converted to mo6 format. That was amazing ‘cause I can use both the original Motif sounds I previously worked with and the new ones together!! 

Now, I’m trying to copy my songs from the motif to the Mo6.
It’s a little bit long procedure; I have no external editor, so I have to save the songs in format “.mid”, copy them on a usb pendrive, load them in the mo6, working on the sounds and the effects again and then save them with the new format .w7s (the motif one was: w2s)

Anyway, what I really don’t like at all is the sound of the Mo6 Standard GM Drums kit. It sounds different from the previous one and this drums is very important to me since I used it for all my productions

So I’m looking for the Standard Gm Drums from the original Motif in order to put it inside the new Mo6. Is there a way to copy it through the user bank from one keyboard to the other? How can I convert it from w2v to w7v.
If someone of you has this drums in the Mo6 format (w7v, or something like that), can please send it to me?
Please, it’s really important!

Thanks in advance..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2014 @ 11:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

I’m looking for the Standard Gm Drums from the original Motif in order to put it inside the new Mo6. Is there a way to copy it through the user bank from one keyboard to the other? How can I convert it from w2v to w7v.

No, there is not.

I highly recommend that you use an internal Drum Kit instead. In fact you should take the time and select individual Kicks, Snares, Hihats, Toms, Cymbals and assemble them into your own custom kit.

Not on is there not a way to port GM Drum kits from one synth to another, there is no need to do so. The fact that they sound different is interesting - I don’t recall there being any difference - but no matter, if you hear a difference that is all that matters. But to have a library of all those drum sounds and I bet you have never built your own drum kit.

Not to worry, I do my own after market surveys, and I’m always shocked that most people that own these powerhouse synthesizer never use more than 10% of what they can do.

Try it, you have kits that are made up of all Kick drums, all Snare drums… Try out different Kicks until you find one you really, really like. You can tune them, you can edit them, you can make them your own and best of all you can assemble your favorite drums into your own KIT.

Imagine that a kit with only drum sounds YOU LIKE in it!!!

When I’m producing a project on a workstation, I spend time being that musician (call me a “method actor") so I walk around bumping into walls, and drooling for twenty minutes while getting into DRUMMER character, then I select each Drum for my custom kit.

Don’t settle, you’ve purchased a programmable synthesizer, don’t complain when you have an opportunity (excuse) to PROGRAM !!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2014 @ 08:37 PM
eziobkey
Joined  04-11-2014

Thanks for answering..
and sorry for my not perfect english. I type from Italy.

Yes, they sound quite different..
especially the tom sounds (from F1 to D2) and the open hi hat (Asharp2).
The problem is that I use my song to work. I play and sing along for wedding parties. So I have no time to program everything again. The sound of the drums is not so bad..just these notes need to be changed.
Anyway I’ll keep using my Motif classic, while I try programming the new one..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 08:14 AM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Is there any chance someone changed the setting in Master EQ setup on either of the keyboards? That might make a difference in the drum sounds. I have a Motif 8 classic and MO6 and I can’t hear any difference in the drum samples between the two. Good luck with solving the problem.

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 03:28 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a Motif 8 classic and MO6 and I can’t hear any difference in the drum samples between the two.

Thanks for posting that. I don’t have a Motif (classic) or MO here any more to compare, but as best as I can remember, they were very much the same. But I never argue with someone that hears something, they probably do.
:-)

You’re right it could be something like an EQ or some master effect being applied that make it sound different. I don’t recall different sounds being used in each, but I can’t say for sure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2014 @ 09:43 PM
eziobkey
Joined  04-11-2014

Thanks for your answers! Yes, they are a little bit different, anyway I follow the advice badmister gave to me in the first reply. I selected my favourite waveforms for each element of the drums (kick, snares, toms, etc.) and created my personal kit. Thank you! Now I have another problem but I wrote it on a different post. Please, take a look at it!!

Regards from Italy!!

Ezio

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ os version and usb midi instalation fail
Next Topic:

note editor ››