mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum volume issue"

Posted on: April 05, 2014 @ 11:24 AM
smallfry
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-25-2014

In some of the pre-set performances on the MOX8, I’m finding the drum tracks are too loud but any attempt to turn down the drum volume affects all the layers?

Also: Some of the pre-sets have a bass setting I like called “walking bass” but I can not find it in any of the voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2014 @ 04:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, there are no Preset PERFORMANCES, all Performances are in USER memory locations so you can Edit anything about them that you want.

Second, there are two levels of Editing with in a Performance.
One is called “COMMON” and affects the entire Performance.
The other is called “PART” and you can affect the individual PARTS, 1-4.

You are correct, if you change the COMMON Volume parameter it affects all Parts in common (together)
If you press [EDIT] and then select a PART [1]-[4], then you can edit the individual PART. Each PART has its own Volume. Press [F2] OUTPUT

Change as you like.
Press [STORE] to update the Performance.

Also: Some of the pre-sets have a bass setting I like called “walking bass” but I can not find it in any of the voices?

the question is not really clear… If you are looking for the Voice in VOICE mode… Every Performance points to Voices in their VOICE mode locations. It would be impossible for a Performance to reference a VOICE that wasn’t in Voice mode.

Again all Performances are in User memory.
Press [EDIT]
Press a number button [1]-[4]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Here you can see the name and location of each Voice. It show the BANK (Pre1, Pre2, Pre3, etc) and the NUMBER location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2014 @ 09:10 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006
smallfry - 05 April 2014 11:24 AM

In some of the pre-set performances on the MOX8, I’m finding the drum tracks are too loud but any attempt to turn down the drum volume affects all the layers?

First of all, you post to the wrong section, this is MO, not MOX

You can adjust the drum part with VOLUME KNOB (TONE 3 of ASSIGNABLE KNOB)

1) In your selected Performance, select F2 [VOICE]
2) Use the up/down cursor to select the drum part
3) From the control panel, Press TONE 3, then adjust your drum volume

If you’re using MO, then the slider is your volume of each part ;-)

That’s it and hope it helps,
dcool

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Send MIDI to multiple channels
Next Topic:

Random change it pitch ››