mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A few notes about VST Sound set Sound of soul"

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 03:37 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I have just bought this sound set and was really surprised when I could not find any short manual about sounds, even sound list!!! To be clear, I have bought several sound sets that were made by Dave Polich, like Axxe (both for Motif ES and XS) and Regenerator (for PLG150-AN). Along with high quality sounds there are also a manuals where you could find some notes about every particular sound, like how to play it, on what instrument it was used/played and even what performer have used it and in which song!! The prices for those sound sets I’m talking about are not higher than this one (exactly these were $35).
So, I am really disappointed to find that I have spent 30EUR for sounds that I even don’t know how many of them there are after installation. I found after deep search under hidden folders that I have something installed after setup.
I have seen on Steinberg forum that several people complained about this and answer about number of sounds is to look to that hidden folder. Yes, when I select all files in that folder I could also count the number of sounds, but come on! I have paid for that! Should I think carefully next time whether to buy a sound set from Steinberg?!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2014 @ 04:15 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Quite honestly I can’t quite agree there is any cause for concern or complaint. Many ‘sound sets’ issued by various developers and companies, ever since the very beginning, haven’t come with manuals or playing tips. In fact it’s surprising when they do. I know that Dave has done that sometimes in the past, but the vast majority of designers do not. Perhaps too it is much better if one goes through the sounds themselves, thus learning about and becoming familiar with what they’ve just purchased. One can even make their own notes if they wish. Even large professional sound libraries often leave the exploring to the purchaser. So no great surprise here for most people. :) .......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2014 @ 07:54 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Frank,

I could not agree completely with you. Maybe, I sound that I have a higher expectations since
I have purchased some sound libraries before. My opinion, like yours, is that the best way to
check new sounds is to play and hear by yourself. But, at least I expect to have a simple
list of sounds. I suppose that It is not too much?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2014 @ 08:54 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi Alex,
Perhaps it is a matter of expectations; I certainly don’t expect the same things, so therefore am not disappointed if I don’t receive lists and playing tips. :) However, all kidding aside, you do know you could consider contacting Dave directly via a PM and simply ask him if he has a list of the sounds? He’s a very nice fellow and most kind and generous, and if a list exists, I expect he would share it with you. Cheers................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase Artist 7 Expression Map
Next Topic:

CUBASE AI 5 , ACTIVATION CODE.. ??? ››