mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Going from MOXF Sequencer to LPX"

Posted on: March 11, 2014 @ 09:48 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hello dere!

I’ve got my core sections of a Song completed by using the Sequencer in my MOXF8.

All the Tracks on the Sequenced Song used the MOXF Internal Voices and they are as follows:
1) Track (1) is Drums with ARP.
2) Track (2) is a Slap Bass.
3) Track (3) is Piano Back.

My goal is to get the Song into LPX as follows:
1) Record the Drums to Track (1) on LPX but substitute Addictive Drums for the Yamaha Drums.
2) Record the Slap Bass to Track (2) on LPX but substitute Trilian Bass for the Yamaha Slap Bass.
3) Record the Piano Back Voice to Track (3) on LPX.

Once I get the Song into LPX I might go to Track (2) and (3) and re-record the parts.

After that I will start adding Tracks on LPX by using the internal Voices of the MOXF8.

What’s the best way to accomplish the above goal and please note that when I record the Drums to LPX, I need to make sure that the Drum Track (with ARP) is synced to start exactly on the “1” of the LPX metronome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 02:15 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470825/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

I overlooked that Post (sorry :)) and have now copied it to put in my newly created Recording Folder.

If I export the data as a Standard MIDI File, will that be quicker than syncing the DAW and the MOXF and transferring the data in real time?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 05:51 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You can do it either way, Jerry.

Standard MIDI files would work too.  You’ve got to get everything plus any arps you are using into the internal sequencer on your MOXF, then export an SMF of that.

Bad_Mister once gave you full instructions on how to convert arps in to the Seq.

When your MIDI file is finally in Logic, you might note some differences between the drum kit you were using on your MOXF and the drum kit you decide to use in Addictive Drums.  What I mean is, you could very well find a slightly different kit layout to your MOXF with certain sounds not playing the exact drums or cymbals you wanted, but they will be there, just on different notes and likely very close by.

This could be true even if you didn’t go the SMF route, but is easily fixed by moving a few notes around using Logic’s piano roll editor window, once you have the SMF in place in Logic.

I still wonder, as others have suggested, how you might get on by creating your tracks in your DAW and using your MOXF as a sound source.  Then none of this transferring applies and you can use sounds from Trillian and AD all together in the same session from the start. 

You may live a happier musical life like that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2014 @ 07:10 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Phil, Phil, hello! It’s GREAT to hear from my buddy :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I admit I’m the Forrest Gump of MOTIFATOR and I have yet not figured how to create tracks on LPX and using the MOXF as a sound source.

Can you point me anywhere for tutoring?

Thanks!

Jerry

I’m not a smart man but I know what love is :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2014 @ 12:42 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You’re not forest gump, but you are attacking a vast subject that takes time.  There is very little instant gratification without putting a lot of time in.

I had no tutorials in the 80s.  Today, you are spoiled with info.

If I were you I would use learning materials from these places:

1 - MacProVideo -

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/logic+studio-suite

2 - Lynda.com

http://www.lynda.com/Logic-Pro-training-tutorials/251-0.html

3 - Groove3

http://www.groove3.com/str/logic-training-videos/

All 3 companies are reputable and produce high quality tutorials.

You would probably want to start with a good overview tute and then anything concerning MIDI tracks as well as instrument tracks (how to use them and how to create music on them)

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2014 @ 07:58 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Thanks, I’ll check those sites out :)

Just to make sure I asked what I did with the correct words, please note that I know how to create tracks (Audio/MIDI)on LPX.

Whereas I’m going to use/learn how to use the MOXF Sequencer as Bad_Mister suggested, I always keep an open mind.

Other Forum Members have suggested using LPX as a Sequencer.

I’m interpreting those suggestions as telling me that LPX has a Sequencer as part of the program.

When I said I don’t know how to create Tracks on LPX I meant I don’t know how to Sequence on LPX.

Where is the Sequencer located in LPX?

Thanks!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2014 @ 02:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

That’s what I meant to say when I said I don’t know how to Sequence (create tracks) on LPX.

Where is the built in Sequencer located?

Pass…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2014 @ 07:30 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

A Hail Mary Pass… (or a HELL Jerry Pass)?

:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can I replace an Audio Track with a Software Track?
Next Topic:

Logic Pro X w/ Motif ES6 ››