mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic 8 moving to a Windows 7 Computer from an XP computer"

Posted on: March 08, 2014 @ 06:30 AM
Louder_Than_Good
Total Posts:  302
Joined  07-30-2002

Hi All - I’m trying to make preparations so when my new system arrives I’m ready to go. Wondering if you folks might be able to help out w/ a few questions please ...

1) I could not locate a 64-bit Windows 7 driver for the Classic on this site, just the 32-bit. Can someone point me to the 64-bit driver please?

2) I also saw a Cubase Patchscript on this site. Where is the best place to put that in the new Cubase computer/DAW? (And if I’m happy enough w/ the one I currently use, can I copy/paste that one instead?).

Thanks much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2014 @ 05:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

1) Go to the official Yamaha download site: http://download.yamaha.com

2) you don’t mention which version of Cubase you are using. More than likely in the ensuing 13 years since the Motif (Classic) came out, I’m gonna guess that it is already installed in your version of Cubase (unless it is older than that) ;-) Did you look?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2014 @ 01:47 PM
Louder_Than_Good
Total Posts:  302
Joined  07-30-2002
Bad_Mister - 09 March 2014 05:03 AM

1) Go to the official Yamaha download site: http://download.yamaha.com

2) you don’t mention which version of Cubase you are using. More than likely in the ensuing 13 years since the Motif (Classic) came out, I’m gonna guess that it is already installed in your version of Cubase (unless it is older than that) ;-) Did you look?

Thanks, Bad_Mister, yes that site did have it.

It’s Cubase 7.5.10, I haven’t received the new DAW yet, I’ll check on there to see whether it’s included.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]