mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ANY way to have mute buttons preset?"

Posted on: February 25, 2014 @ 01:23 PM
Mike777
Total Posts:  95
Joined  08-27-2008

Yes or no?  For live gigs I need mute buttons preset after switching songs (switching performance or multi).  I know mute buttons can not be saved, that parts can be saved but then mute buttons are not active. That will not work because I use mute buttons during live performance in the middle of songs.

Any way to automate the mute buttons when switching performance and multi’s? And the octave buttons?  Would Editor do that if I take a laptop to gigs?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Question is very unclear. Please try again.

I know mute buttons can not be saved

if you know this, then what is different about what you want to do. It is also not clear which keyboard you own.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2014 @ 02:54 PM
Mike777
Joined  08-27-2008
Bad_Mister - 25 February 2014 01:42 PM

Question is very unclear. Please try again.

I know mute buttons can not be saved

if you know this, then what is different about what you want to do. It is also map not clear which keyboard you own.

Sorry, I have s90. My question is: is there any way to control the mute buttons with software? Does the editor save/set the mute buttons in each performance or multi? 

What I change to a different performance or multi, I have to manually press mutes on/off for each song.  Any way to automate the mute buttons with software? Or all buttons?  If software can do this I’ll take a laptop to gigs.
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2014 @ 05:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, it’s been a long time since I’ve touched an S90.

But the Editors do not let you do anything that you cannot do from the front panel.

But just so you know mute buttons are meant to be manually pressed on and off. That’s the concept. I’ll have to look into this and get back to you. I simply do not remember the S90 well enough off the top of my head to give you any alternatives.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2014 @ 06:48 PM
Mike777
Joined  08-27-2008
Bad_Mister - 25 February 2014 05:04 PM

Sorry, it’s been a long time since I’ve touched an S90.

But the Editors do not let you do anything that you cannot do from the front panel.

But just so you know mute buttons are meant to be manually pressed on and off. That’s the concept. I’ll have to look into this and get back to you. I simply do not remember the S90 well enough off the top of my head to give you any alternatives.

Hi, not sure what you meant by: “But the Editors do not let you do anything that you cannot do from the front panel.”

Does the editor save or not save mute button?

Just be very clear the solution I’m looking for: Before I start playing I change to the performance or multi, and the parts are ready.  But I then have to manually mute some parts before I can play.  This takes time.  I then also mute/unmute some parts during the song.  So mute buttons must be active.

I’m looking for any way to have the mutes saved, come up on/off as I want for that song, and use the mutes during the song as well.

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2014 @ 09:26 PM
keyman7
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-04-2012

Mike777 -

When you create a Performance, each Part can be set to be on or off initially. Call up the Performance, Press the Edit button, highlight the Voice page, and press Enter. Top parameter is Part Sw, which means Part Switch. use the Dec and Inc buttons to turn that off and on---you will see the buttons on the physical panel go off and on. Set ‘em how you want ‘em, and Save the Performance.

That same procedure can be done with the editor, if you prefer. Personally, I like the John Melas editor, but use what ever you like.

Now, once you’re in live performance, you WILL need to make button changes on the physical panel to un-mute and/or mute the parts. You just have to work out your moves as part of your performance.

Also, another technique is to set a Part to Volume 0 (Pay Mode page) initially. Then you can gradually (or quickly) fade it in during your live performance. Works well for many arpeggiated parts.

In Multi Mode, the Part Sw parameter does not show on the Voice Page, but the Volume option is still available on the Play Mode page. I’ve experimented with turning off a physical panel button and trying to save the Multi that way, but it doesn’t retain the setting. Mostly, the Volume settings work for me. If anyone knows a better way, please let me know.

Tip- memorize VISUALLY on the the front (physical) panel where the slider should be when you bring the part up. It’s way easier than trying to look at the numbers on the panel while you’re playing the song. Bring your slider to that level and even if you’re off a little it will probably not be apparent to the listener. If you are way off, you can still move the slider to make it better.

Another Tip - In Utility Mode/General page, scroll down a few pages and set “Slider Mode” to “catch” instead of “jump”. That way, you will not affect the actual volume of the part until you cross the threshold of the part’s initial setting. You avoid nasty jumps in volume. But you need to practice using that. For example, if initial volume is 0, you need to move the slider all the way down before it will “catch” the 0 setting, then you can move it up nice and smooth. I’ve learned to move certain sliders to the bottom right at the start for specific songs in my sets.

On the other hand, in Utility Mode, if you leave “Slider Mode” at “jump”, and preset your sliders to about where you want them BEFORE selecting the Multi or Performance, you can instantly “turn on” the Part(s) by just slightly moving the slider(s). This is almost like the physical On switch. I have found that method too cumbersome for my use, but maybe you’ll like it.

Experiment and it will probably be clearer.

Best of luck
Keyman7

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Vintage keys voices for S90XS
Next Topic:

S90es touch up paint (End caps)? ››